• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.1uhost.com is good?

luisrivera

That they find www.1uhost.com for 6.75 $he/she offers:

Unlimited space
Unlimited bandwidth
Subdomain
Unlimited POP3
Unlimited FTP
unlimited mail lists

Will truth be? has somebody proven it?

Hi Luis :)

Read carefully their terms of service, especially their usage policy.
HIGH RESOURCE USER POLICY
Resources are defined as cpu utilisation and / or resource manipulation.
1UHOST may implement the following policy to its sole discretion:
When a website is found to be monopolising the resources available, 1UHOST reserves the right to suspend or terminate that account immediately.
This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers. An agreement is normally reached with a client, allowing them to upgrade their web hosting plan for an additional fee.
http://www.1uhost.com/terms.htm

Originally posted by Jan
Hi Luis :)

Read carefully their terms of service, especially their usage policy.

http://www.1uhost.com/terms.htm

The terms are the same as Host Matix's terms... Humm... And another red flag!

[qoute]Host Matix's terms:
16. Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization. Hostmatix.com Web Hosting Solutions may implement the following policy to its sole discretion:

When a web site is found to be monopolizing the resources available, Hostmatix.com Web Hosting Solutions reserves the right to suspend that site immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers.[/qoute]

...notice how they added the "or terminate[d]" part!

these guys are from istanbul, turkey. a lot of their things are copied from other host's sites because of their bad english. but they do give service, they're not a scam. they've moved their sign up form to a merchant account instead of on their own site for extra security and now take most cards instead of only Visa and MasterCard. I wouldn't go for the unlimited plan anyway. Why would you want over 200mb space anyway? I never use more than 15mb up!

Originally posted by Archbob
Usually:
Unlimited everything= Crappy service that will go down very fast.

they have been up for a while! the uptime is getting better. it was something like 70% now it's about 90%. they have fairly fast download speeds off there too

Last edited:
He meant down as in go under, go out of business, although downtime is a factor in "unlimited" scams. Yes, scams...no such thing as unlimited as their TOS says it actually isn't unlimited.

I didn't visit the site till now, this host was posted in another forum recently during a discussion of domain name extensions and the poster said that his friend/brother/whatever used them and were very happy with it. He isn't the sort of person to lie about that sort of thing, so they're probibly OK although I'd steer clear of anything that you have to pay for that has that sort of web design :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Archbob
90% uptime is pretty bad for a paid host.

for lots of users 90%+ is good enough for them. it is good enough for me. anyway, uptime percentages go up over a period of time (2 days of a server being up and being down for 4 hours over those 2 days is 91.6% uptime. If it were up for 3 days and they experienced 4 hours out of 3 days it would be 94.4% uptime)
That was taken a few weeks ago. They have been down for about an hour since then.

Anyway, it's for you's to decide.

Last edited:
Back