• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Worst host of 2001

conkermaiac,

Good selection, i will add some of my own...

Wigloo/MegaGiga - Hardly anything works especialy the Wigloo co-brand thingy

F2S - Had everything, then is about to delete eceryone

***XOASIS***
Uploads (web not FTP) keep bombing out & have to login again. Really slow site - their site and my website.
Unreliable, more downtime than portland.

bad datablocks

datablocks ( for shutting down and leaving many webpage-less , without notice ) . But it was doin great, once upon a time.
:)

The ol' bait-and-switch scam has got to be the oldest in the book. F2S, Homesdead, etc. all pulled it on millions of members. First, offer free hosting with lots of free extras...get the member committed on search engines...twiddle thumbs for 6 mo to 2 years...switch to pay. Many pay afraid to leave beacuse of a good ranking in search engines. Works like a charm ROTFLMAO

There's a fairly new scam on the horizon that's working well for email spammers. Come into free webspace forums like this, offer hosting with many extras, have sign-up via email (clue #1), and never open. Now, they have your email addy to sell to other email spam companys. ROTFLMAO

What will be the next?

Originally posted by Super8
***XOASIS***
Uploads (web not FTP) keep bombing out & have to login again. Really slow site - their site and my website.
Unreliable, more downtime than portland.
I agree. Xoasis sucks.

Originally posted by Avenger
Geez, nobody came up with a "good" host when asked.

Is it because BAD is common and GOOD depends?

Well the fact is that most free hosts are slow... good hosts were around before in the past, but now has all but disappeared.

Re: Tripod

Originally posted by Seldimis
Tripod because their frontpage and other features sucked.
At least tripod are faster than most other free hosts. Frontpage sucks but at least they support it and it works.

Re: Re: Tripod

Originally posted by cheatpark

At least tripod are faster than most other free hosts. Frontpage sucks but at least they support it and it works.
TheyNEVER respond to my support requests

Hey Giancarlo, didn't you have glomar.net as a fwp?

Anyways, I say F2S and l33t.ca

TZN was good untill microsoft screwed them.

TZN was actually pretty good. It was pretty fast with lots of features. Too bad that Microshit screwed them with their operating shitware :p

Back