• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

worldzonepro.net

inflames

Has anyone used these guy's, if so is there a setup fee. I looked all over on their site and I can't seem to find out if there is. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by inflames
Has anyone used these guy's, if so is there a setup fee. I looked all over on their site and I can't seem to find out if there is. Thanks a lot.

I don't think there is a setup fee, but I can be wrong. But I can tell you that you won't go wrong by signing up with the. Webdude owns it and is a regular on this forum.. he's a terrific guy and a great business man. I'll let Webdude tell you more regarding setup fees.. :x

worldzonepro...

hi,

i've also read a lot of good stuff about them. And they are really cheap ($36 per year).
And I guess the support is nice, too!

But what I would like to know if anybody got experience about their uptime (realibility and quality).

What's the diffrence between worldzonepro and a more expensive host like http://www.webhosting.com/. ($20 per month)
(know they garant for uptime).
But if the uptime is great with worldzone...

Greetings Arno

We do regular reboots, so uptime is a little less than others....but it's only takes 36 to 60 seconds for a total reboot. The reboots serve the purpose of easily killing off runaway scripts and keeps too many of them from building up.

No setup fee, only $36 per year.

Re: worldzonepro...

Originally posted by akersche
hi,

i've also read a lot of good stuff about them. And they are really cheap ($36 per year).
And I guess the support is nice, too!

But what I would like to know if anybody got experience about their uptime (realibility and quality).

What's the diffrence between worldzonepro and a more expensive host like http://www.webhosting.com/. ($20 per month)
(know they garant for uptime).
But if the uptime is great with worldzone...

Greetings Arno

Basicallt you get what you pay for but worldzonepro is great.

Originally posted by Webdude
We do regular reboots, so uptime is a little less than others....but it's only takes 36 to 60 seconds for a total reboot.

I made a testpage with their free service on 2/13 and registered this page at netwhistle. Nethwistle reported since the start of the page 2 downtimes: 02/19/2001 04:15:30 PM (GMT+1) and 02/22/2001 02:15:31 PM (GMT+1), but I can't say how long it took really, after 1h it was reported, that my page is online again, but this does not mean that it took 1h really, because the free service checks only every hour.

So if I believe Webdude and it was only 1 minute, this is a good result for a free service. In another post I read that the free and the paid service is on the same server.

The support in the forum for the free service was great and my question was answered after 18 min.

All in all I recommended my friend to subscribe to the pro-version and at the moment we are waiting that a new domain-registration is completed.

BTW: The registration at worldzonepro is a little bit "strange" for foreigners. I entered the real zip-code and got an error, because you had to enter "55555", when I remember right.

uptime check...

that uptime check doesn't say much, if it just checks every hour.
how likely is it that it detects a downtime of 60 seconds... Severs must be rebooted quite often that you detect a downtime...

but hey, i still think worldzonepro is great.

Albert, could you let me know how satisfied your friend is after some time: akersche@bigfoot.com
I thought of testing the free service there too, but it doesn't offer cgi anymore... and that's what i wanted to test also.

And Synergy: What do you exactly meen with
"Basicallt you get what you pay for but worldzonepro is great."
I've heard that already once before. Could you anybody tell me more...

What I think is following: If a company got a regular quality pc and install a stable linux, they have it way cheaper than with a sun server. and performance and quality is great there, too. And if a company is settled close to a main internet connection line (backbone) they won't have that high connection costs. And on the other hand it's also important to have a cheap place for the servers, too.
So if all this is ok, it should be possible to offer a quality web-space for less than the other hosts...
Of course administrators and support people are necessary, too. And a huge datacenter can safe with robots for backups...

You are right, my netwhistle stats for about 2 weeks do not say very much, but if I compare the stats of worldzonepro with the statistics of port5, digitalrice, kyd and also f2s, there is a BIG difference. I cannot remember a day, when I get no error message of these FWPs from netwhistle. On the other hand, I have a free webspace from a local ISP since months and no downtime mentioned from netwhistle, unfortunatley no scripts and 5 MB only, only 3 subdirectories, in other words, forget it of other reasons than downtime.

My friend is a beginner and has no idea how to make a page and I do not have the time to help him very much, so his experience won't say very much. But from time to time I will see how worldzonepro works.

I also use netwhistle and WorldzonePro but I don't recall getting errors on those days. Also, I got an email from Netwhistle saying that they were upgrading so error messages might be sent out even if there was no error.

strange support (to webdude)

Originally posted by Albert
My friend is a beginner and has no idea how to make a page

Hi Webdude,

Have a look at http://worldzonesupport.com/topic.cgi?forum=2&topic=346 (IP adress of DNS-Servers?). I am very surprised that it is so hard to get the right IP-adress of your DNS-Servers for sure. Of course I used nslookup, but the answer of the Worldzone Team is strange for me. There are a lot of informations and tutorials on your page but we couldn't find the ip-adress, which is needed to switch to worldzone.

Unfortunately, not. In Europe gandi.net is an often used registrar and to make changes you have to know name and ip-adress.

Hello
Netwhistle is very unreliable.
I was doing some maintenance on my website when I got a "down" alert from Netwhistle, but there was no evidence of a problem as I had been on the site for over an hour.

The same thing happened on Saturday.
I got a pager alert from Netwhistle for an http failure on one of my servers.
No fault and everything was up fine.

We sometimes get customers sending us logs from Netwhistle as "evidence" of downtime when we know there hasn't been any.

Oh.... I am in a grumbly mood this morning!

Gordon

the problem with NetWhistle is they've got too much traffic themselves...
If (most likely due to overload) the connection times out on their side, then well, your server must be down. I mean by golly, their service is flawless! ;)

uptime

I tried qwkmon.com just for fun...

2 sites at http://www.discount-hosting.com
2 sites at wzpro.com
Check Frequency 15 min

I monitored 2 sites on both of them for little over week. I assume that the other monitored site at wzpro has some kind of a daily bandwidth limit that shuts the whole site (it's offline most of the day). The other wzpro site is up just about the same time as the sites at disc.hosting. All sites send atleast a couple of alerts every day...most days it's about 50 alerts for all four sites.

I compared these to uptime data of my own site (at cheap hosting too altough a little more expensive than these)...approx. 1 alert/2weeks.

I understand that these monitoringservices are maybe not the most reliable but I believe that my site/host has better uptime.

For monitoring I find this one the best (UK based I think) http://argusmonitor.com/ 30 days free trial, gives very good uptime data.

Back