• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Working late

newsniche

It's half past midnight in the UK and I am still working(self employed webmaster). Anyone else having a late night or even early morning. Unusually for me I am not tired. Also I have just swithed to drinking coffee, I am usually a tea man.

And we care because?

You could just wake up earlier and not have to stay up late, so stop your whinging.

I wake up usually no later than 9am everyday, the way I see it, it is a waste of the day just to sleep it away. But I really appreciate the outdoors, so that is just me.

Sunday: 11AM-12PM
Monday: 7AM
Tuesday-Thursday: 7:30AM
Friday: 7AM
Saturday: 10AM

I usually sleep 11:30~

on friday/saturday night, 1-2AM :]

I'm having 8:30am exams everyday for the next 5 days.. woo hoo

and i only live about 1.5 hrs away from school..

I never had classes before 10, thanks to my scheduling prowess, but I had the 9 o'clock exams a lot, which I will inevitably stay up all night studying for in fears that I will not have the ability to get up in the morning for the exam. It actually seems to help me do ok on the exam. Go figure.

Back in my senior years at school we started at 8am, and I had to leave home at 7:30 to catch a bus. Waking up at 6:50 was not cool.

For High School, I'd wake up at 5:00AM and and get home at 7PM. Now I wake up at 8:30AM for school. 8:30AM isn't a bad time to wake up -- after I had my shower!

My scheduling prowess helped me make sure I have no class before 1:30PM and nothing after 3:45PM ANY day of the week :).

Nick: why do you schedule your classes as such?

it's what i'd think of doing for my classes once i get to uni... but my parents say try and schedule it so i'm only there 3 days a week, more like full school/work days, and work/study/play on the days off...

good or bad idea?

Last semester I did 8:00AM to noon Monday, Wednesday, Friday so I could do what you're talking about.

Trust me, sounds good on paper but it's horrific when you're waking up at 7:30 on Mondays and even worse on Fridays... (Thirsty Thursdays :p)

I wake up at 6AM Monday through Friday (school starts at 8:25AM, lets out at 3:25PM), and at 8:30 to 9AM on weekends. I'm a morning person. Bad thing is I love the night time, so I end up with 3, maybe 4 hours of sleep friday and saturday night.

Last edited:
I've got no say in how my school schedule is.

it's 8:30-3:30 5 days a week for 2 years. I get 5-6 68-72 hour classes per semester... same course every day for 3 weeks, and then a new one.

Back