• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Woops Tripod!

estrones

It look as if Tripod has had a breakdown. I've heard from lots of people whose sites seem to have disappeared and tripod denies they existed.

I know what your saying. Tripod wiped out my site this morning. No e-mail, no warning, zip! I've heard this has happened to several people.

Thatz the way the cooky crumbles...!

I think this is the forerunner for the way the fwp's are going to behave in these days of dotbombs!
There will bw more such mortalities!
Don't call me a prophet of doom , but the ides of march is having its effect!
My site at Tripod has conked out too, ironically the next day after I received a congratulatory message from a surfer!
Real sad.
S.K

May be this...

Hi
Last time they have similar outage. It was explained later that sites starting with "s" and later in the alphabetical order had a problem; but they were restored without loss of data.
I find now that the site listed on "member spotlight" itself doesn't show up and it starts with an "S".
Hopefully this is a temporary glitch.
Pray!
S.K

hey! i am one of them.. look at my thread entitled " need help with FREE webhost " or somthing like that..... i thought tripod deleted all my files cuz i was getting to many hits.. now that isnt the case.... and everytime i try to upload some.. they get erased again??
damn!!!!!

my page stareted with t and do

any of you know these sites internetdesign2000.com and hostrocket.com because Im gonna get a new host because of this sh..

taskmaster

Originally posted by videomasterz
hey! i am one of them.. look at my thread entitled " need help with FREE webhost " or somthing like that..... i thought tripod deleted all my files cuz i was getting to many hits.. now that isnt the case.... and everytime i try to upload some.. they get erased again??
damn!!!!!

I don't think you're breaking any rules or anything. To the best of my knowledge, if Tripod didn't like you, your whole account would have been deleted (including username, password, and e-mail), not just your files. It probably is just a temporary server glitch. It happened to me once on Nbci, but that was only ONCE; about 89 of my files were erased about two weeks after I moved my site there, but I just re-uploaded the missing files, and nothing bad ever happened to my files there again after that.

let me ask you this...

why the hell are you using tripod! at least you could go to hypermart and put the font color as the same as the background's, then change it so that the text under the banner disappears...sheesh, tripod ;P

that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. even if you couldn't see the text, you still lose the space the text takes up. and then every link on your site looks the same as the background color, which is pretty stupid if you ask me... unless you make the main area of your page a different color, but some designs just aren't cut out that way.

If you want the space back from Hypermart you could always just make the font size 1px with CSS, but I wouldn't know anything about doing that ;x.

Back