• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Without Virtuozzo

.Joe.

Yours Truly
NLC
Hello,

Alright, say you have a dedicated server, whatever. A server, it's linux based. Would it be possible to make a VPS without using virtuozzo? Just by making it with WHM?

Regards.

emm.. WHM has no VPS support :p

You should use OpenVZ then, it's open source, no control panel though

Can't I give them the specs they need, and then give them SSH access? wouldn't that be suffice?

SSH access to the main server is like saying "Hey, why not hack me" People want root access, and if you gave them server root, they can just delete the whole server. People also want root WHM.

Last edited:
i think you are missing the point. if you give them root whm access they can delete all your accounts and still mess up the whole server

Just remember; If you split a server into many VPS's you will need different cpanel licenses for each VPS.

Also;

Giving root SSH access to other people? That’s a BIG no no. They will be able to edit every account you have, as well as do whatever they want to do to your server :S

talence said:

I thought VM-Ware was exclusive to Window based servers.

Ok, thanks guys. So os there any software other then Virtuozzo for linux based servers?

Chief said:
Ok, thanks guys. So os there any software other then Virtuozzo for linux based servers?
Reading comprehension, much? See the second post. :confused2

If you give people ssh access to a main server and you give them root...Your giving them your server. Thats not virtual...no way to set specs (cpu/memory/quotas)

I would suggest doing ALOT more reading before attempting this :)

Back