• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wireless Networking - Help

R. K. Raja

Hi.

I have a PC desktop hooked up to a cable modem and a laptop. I want to be able to share files and internet access between the laptop and the desktop wirelessly.

What specific things do I need? I've gone to the store but no one really is an expert. I am not sure which types of hardware allow both sharing of files and internet access via the cable modem.

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,
R. K. Raja

You'll need a wireless router and some wireless networking cards then........ah well thats all i know :biggrin2: i've never made a wireless network before but make sure you secure it well because someone with a laptop and a wireless networking card driving by your house will be able to access your network

Originally posted by HTML-Guru
You'll need a wireless router and some wireless networking cards then........ah well thats all i know :biggrin2: i've never made a wireless network before but make sure you secure it well because someone with a laptop and a wireless networking card driving by your house will be able to access your network

Lol, I know that, but I'm having trouble finding which router specifically meets my needs. Most of the ones I've seen aren't clear on what they do.

I have no networking experience so mind my ignorance :)

Back