• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows XP Problem

EpidemiK

NLC
I enabled the "hide files and folders from other users" option for my account, and I don't like it because I have to install the same program again for a different account. How do you disable it?

While I'm at the topic of Windows XP, how do you change the theme to Silver or Olive Green?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

1) how did you hide it?

2) right click on desktop and go to PROPERTIES -> then APPEARANCE tab -> pick "Windows XP Style" in WINDOWS IN BUTTONS selection thing -> then pick ur COLOR SCHEME -> hit OK...

- SF

Yep...

2). To change the theme, right click on the desktop and go to "properties". Then click on the appearance tab. In the "Windows and Buttons" category, make sure "Windows XP style" is selected. Then, in the color scheme drop down box, choose the one you want.

1). I don't know. How did you turn it on?

I already found out the theme problem. :)

When I went the change the password, it asked me. However, it's not there anymore .. :mad:

I also have one more question:
I have a desktop with Windows 2000 Professional and a notebook with Windows XP Home. My desktop currently is using my DSL connection.

How can I configure Internet Connection Sharing so they can both use my DSL connection? 56k is way too slow. :mad:

Back