• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

windows xp installation problem

jskam

From windows2000/me, while trying to install windows xp via installation cd, the computer got stuck during half installation, then out of the 5 steps of the installation process, it gets stuck on the 4th step i think which is "installing windows xp"
The computer actually remains like that for hours probably 30 hours without any progress in installation!

So how shall i go about installing windows xp when nothing is happening when the installtion CD is made to run!
Whats the problem!

Please help me! Your help will be appreciated!

did you run and check your system was compatable before installign xp ??? XP is funny old program. If it starts instaiign xp you should be able to restart you computer and it willc ontinue /re start the installation i have found. If not i dunt knwo any other way except fresh install. hope you backed ystuff up on your pc.

Why not just boot from the XP CD instead of installing it from another version of Windows? :confused4

dc1pop said:
If it starts instaiign xp you should be able to restart you computer and it willc ontinue /re start the installation
Yes when i do that it reinstalls, but the problem is that it just stops the installation at the following point! nothing happens after that
Image29.gif

The installation just freezes at 27 min left!

trenzterra said:
Do a clean install from scratch.
InteractAsia said:
making a fresh install is very much recommended..that way there are no conflicts etc
How ??

CareBear said:
Why not just boot from the XP CD instead of installing it from another version of Windows?
I am installing from CD and not upgrading from previous version!

unix said:
Use a win98 boot disc and you should be able to install it fine.
How to do that? and How does win98 boot disk help installing winxp?

Use the CD you'll get to the where do you want to install section - delete the existing partitions and select the free space to install to and let the setup format it. Should go through smoothly after that. Sometimes the disk file system is the problem with stuck installs.

Check the install cd for errors. Do this by copying all the fils of the cd onto the hdd.
Also chck HDD for errors. Check ram and CPU for Errors(eg use prime95). Take out any cards and devices that are not essential.

Back