• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 3.1

TheSpaceDude

Hello,

Anyone know where I could get a copy of windows 3.1? I have an old computer I want to reinstall it on, but I don't have the original disks :(

Thanks!

Try going to microsoft and saying pretty please. I MIGHT have our old copy of win 3.11 I can ship you. I will check around. I know I have 5.25 in disks for SimCity.

Some computer stores should sell it, it is called Windows Workgroups, warez is not allowed here to be discussed here.

Originally posted by TheSpaceDude
Hello,

Anyone know where I could get a copy of windows 3.1? I have an old computer I want to reinstall it on, but I don't have the original disks :(

Thanks!

I used to have original floppy install disks for Windows for Workgroups 3.11, but one of them died of old age finally. :D

I have a CD, it is old, but still works. This version of the old Windows 3.11 can be found in stores. The disk version is no longer accessible or sold.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I have a CD, it is old, but still works. This version of the old Windows 3.11 can be found in stores. The disk version is no longer accessible or sold.

I've looked around quite a bit, cant find win 3.1 on disk or cd. Pretty sure they don't sell it anymore. :rolleyes:

as long as you had the legal copy but you lost it: www.abandonedware.com or something of the sort

that or look on a warez site, since you owned windows 3.1 it's legal :p

Last edited:
That was the first time I ever saw the words warez and legal in the same sentence.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
as long as you had the legal copy but you lost it: www.abandonedware.com or something of the sort

that or look on a warez site, since you owned windows 3.1 it's legal :p

Seems that no warez/ect sites have it. I did a search in google for windows 3.1, went though every result page, and all I got was about 50 reasons to upgrade to windows 95 and tons of old software... lol :confused2

Originally posted by Giancarlo

I can't imagine why anyone would buy it anymore. :eek:

Originally posted by LeX
Wow... Win 3.1 was that small? (only 7 floppies needed) :eek: Unbelievable nowadays.

Yep... I believe 3.1 was only about that.... WFW 3.11 was 8 disks, I believe.

Back