• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 2000 icons

My computer -> explorer.exe
My documents -> mydocs.dll
My network places/Recycle bin/folders/drives/etc -> shell32.dll

icon editors

I've been making my own icons lately with a trail version of icon cool. It's fun, but I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading at the end of the trial yet. I want to try axialis too before I make up my mind. :) h.

icon cool

so far I've just been using it to turn small gif files into icons. It does several sizes from 32x32, 40, 48, up to 80 I think. I've made transparent backgrounds too. It has several features I haven't had time to try yet some features are rather intuitive and others not. It claims XP compatibility on the site, but I haven't found the 3D piece yet (just downloaded it a few days ago) I'll post again when I've had time to explore it fully. Or if you're really curious it's available on tucows and iconcool.com. :) h.

[Heath:-
Does your software make 3-d icons like the ones in Windows XP??

I finally had a chance to try out the 3D features, they were burried in a context menu but one you find them wow. Not quite as good as abobe, but certainly tops most of Uleads features. Maybe I'll buy this puppy after all!! :) h.

Back