• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

windows 1.x

Windows 1.0 ? I was also dreaming to have a PC with installed all versions of Windows. But I only have Windows 95,98(from 2 different PCs) and Me (From a Friend). I think that Windows 1.0 should be given free. Just having the history of windows in a computer :) :) :)

I have an old 486 with windows 3.11 installed, and aol 1.0! It also had the first version of microsoft golf. It was real slow, it took a minute for the guy to swing the club

Originally posted by guitarnerd
I have an old 486 with windows 3.11 installed, and aol 1.0! It also had the first version of microsoft golf. It was real slow, it took a minute for the guy to swing the club
I used to have the EXACT same thing, including the Golf :D

Then we put it out on junk day...

Maybe he drove past, saw a perfectly good computer* lying there and decided to pick it up. :D

*ahahhaa

I may build an old computer to play some of my ancient games with a 5 1/2 floppy drive. Hey I got the first Kings Quest on one of those old disks.

Anybody know where I can get a cheap 386 or 486 for super cheap? :D

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I may build an old computer to play some of my ancient games with a 5 1/2 floppy drive. Hey I got the first Kings Quest on one of those old disks.

Want to buy mine??? :D
Just remember how much those things weigh, no matter where you get it from it shipping and handling isn't gonna be cheap.

Last edited:
I've got a 486 in box that an old lady shipped by air from U.S. Wish I knew how much it cost her. :D

I may know someone that has old Windows floppies is0lized . Want me to check with him?

I have the windows 3.11 disks around here somewhere...I wonder if microsoft would care if I copied them?

Just copy each of the directories to a disk, use setup on disk 1 to install (have to install dos first). You will have to do a search to find its hardware requirements, not sure how well it will run on a normal computer (I used vmware to run it)

Originally posted by Giancarlo

486 DX4 ( 100MHZ i think )
16MB EDO ram
600 MB HD
2 MB graphics
Floppy Drive

$25 USD ( excluding del ) [ Compaq ]

I could add ram for $15 per 16 MB stick ( EDO ) hard to get :cry2:

I believe most of the oncesi can get .. can take up to about 128 MB of EDO ram ... maybe more :confused2

as for hard drive .. $20 for 4.1 GB 5200 RPM IDE :classic2:

But seriously .. you could pick up a P1 333 MHZ , 32 MB SD RAM , 2 GB HD for like $50

Last edited:
Back