• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Win Xp

Akalon

NLC
NLC
Whenever I turn my computer off it always takes ages (like 2mins) on the "Saving your settings" and then on "Logging off"... I usually walk away because it turns off anyway, but its really annoying.

Any ideas ppls?

Yeah, I get the same... no idea.

It's really annoying... but it more than makes up for that with the nice quick start ups it does. :classic2:

try this

1. Click the Start button, click Run, type MSCONFIG in the Open box and then click OK.

2. Click the Startup tab and uncheck all items EXCEPT:
ScanRegistry
SystemTray
LoadPowerProfile

3. Click OK. You should be prompted to REBOOT.

4. Allow your system to reboot

Isn't this caused from an error in the boot log or registry? I have had it happen a few times, when I install something or if my computer crashes and when I reboot and then shut off (happens very rarely, but has happened) Just try to restart your computer whenever prompted, and to tell you the truth when stuff like that happens to me, I just reinstall my OS this also happens with WIN2K

Originally posted by michael p bennett
try this

1. Click the Start button, click Run, type MSCONFIG in the Open box and then click OK.

2. Click the Startup tab and uncheck all items EXCEPT:
ScanRegistry
SystemTray
LoadPowerProfile

3. Click OK. You should be prompted to REBOOT.

4. Allow your system to reboot

try this first b4 u reinstall...this has worked on everyones computer we have tried it on

Actually i think is has to do with the graphics card drivers. I had the same problem but when i update my nvidia drivers the problem went away.

Try creating a new user profile(account) and logging with that to see if your profile is corrupted. This has happened many times.

I think you guys are all wrong for once! Conkermaniac, the computer idiot on these boards, has actually figured out something! :D

FYI, Microsoft created this "energy saving feature" that automatically turns off the computer. Not only this, but it also hogs up space on your comp! :rolleyes:

Go to Properties (right-click on Desktop) > Screen Saver > Monitor Power > Power...

I can't figure out what "hibernation" is, but you may want to turn that off in the menu too...It takes up about 130 MB of space.

Dang software for your computer to shut down faster, there are some pretty impatient people out there.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I think you guys are all wrong for once! Conkermaniac, the computer idiot on these boards, has actually figured out something! :D

FYI, Microsoft created this "energy saving feature" that automatically turns off the computer. Not only this, but it also hogs up space on your comp! :rolleyes:

Go to Properties (right-click on Desktop) > Screen Saver > Monitor Power > Power...

I can't figure out what "hibernation" is, but you may want to turn that off in the menu too...It takes up about 130 MB of space.
I didn't know you had Windows XP.
I thought you had 98 which is completely different.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Hybernation is that you can shut down your comp in a different way so it saves the RAM contents to the HDD and when it starts up its back to wher eit used to be.

Conkermaniac you are wrong, although I don't know the exact reason why it happens I know it is not because of what you said. Hybernation is a lot of times used only for lap tops.

Back