• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

widget section in wordpress admincp uneditable

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I am having an issue. I am noticing that in wordpress admincp the page for all the widgets is uneditable. I can not move them around, or edit them, or anything.

I have asked hostgator.com to look into this, but they could see nothing wrong, especially for some reason they were able to move them around with no problem.

I just tried again this morning, and still cannot move or edit them. Any possibilities?

okay, this is seriously getting aggrivating.

The widget section in admincp I CANNOT edit at all, or move the widgets around. In the other sections, I can edit things, but I cannot move things around.

However, when I had hostgator.com do it, they could do it find. Nothing can be wrong with the browsers as they are the same ones I have always used.

Maybe they just told you that it was okay.

No, I know they could move it, because they added a widget for me.

However, I can kind of sort of move other stuff, in other sections, but the widget section is totally un editable. Can't move things, cant change none of the widgets, nothing.

UPDATE:

I just tried again in firefox, NOT working.

I just tried in plain old IE, and it WORKED. Question is, does ANYONE have a clue, why it will not work in firefox? I dont like using IE because of no real security.

IE has plenty of security. Don't be ignorant. You just now tried it in a different browser?? That was the first suggestion that I made to you four days ago.

IE has plenty of security. Don't be ignorant. You just now tried it in a different browser?? That was the first suggestion that I made to you four days ago.

I'm not ignorant. When I used IE years ago, it didn't really have any security. Perhaps it does not...not sure since I only use either firefox or Chrome.

Also, I did check it in another browser, Chrome. I just happened to think about IE, and did it in that.

However, I am not stuck with the question as to why Chrome and Firefox is making that section uneditable, but IE is not.

Yeah, they and I both checked it on several areas. I don't know what it is about this new WP version, but ever since I upgraded, I can't hardly edit a damn thing, but everyone else can. Doesn't make sense!

Use Internet Explorer when you're editing your site. Problem solved.

I wish it was that easy...I actually like IE 9, but tried it before I made the last post, and won't let me do it either. It is not just the widget section either. There is also the user profile section to...I can edit, but not save.

I don't know what the heck is wrong, but something has got to be up. I thought even when I formatted, that the issue would disappear, but no.

Back