• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

why some company offer free hosting?

Talking about me, it's my hobby :) And talking about my sponsor, it's their technique of client attraction.

But also, you can earn a little money from it. But it's not much. It can be sufficient for keeping your hosting alive ;)

I just like giving back to the community of people as I was once relying on free hosts

It's possible to make money through free hosting by ads and other means. Many hosts also use their free hosting services as a gateway to their paid services.

I like to provide options for people whom otherwise would have little options at all as far as having a blog to post on, or a community to express themselves in.

In addition, the hosting services I provide parallel to the next branch of service that I'm expanding my company to. It has helped to generate ideas of growth, and beyond that, I enjoy my involvement in the hosting industry and have enjoyed reading and learning for the past few years about it.

I wouldn't classify it as a hobby, because hobbies can be easily dropped and forgotten at a moment's notice. To me, I'd classify it as a source of business growth while providing a service that people desire and can grow with. :)

Well, in us, we don't really compete with other hosts.

Its just the fun of having a community and the people you meet, the joy of helping others start their own sites, and the experiences it gives. It might come in useful in the future, and we can generate money through ads, or other means. We also like to help out other hosts, like when one host goes down, we're open to help, or whatever.

Maybe to get experience, I have been in almost two free hosting programs, giving it for free, no profit, But I had the need to catch some features or options for the server performance, something like a program of Beta Testers for New Technologies (hehe) so I think the people who got the accounts, deserve it :)

free users = fansite & community
customers = $$$

At least they can be word of mouth for attract customers & increase page rank passively.
While customers mostly buy but mostly not mess with forums.
So, more fansite>>more famous>>more customers. Everything was a chain.
Even I don't do hosting I still need lots of people for my forums rather than leave it deserted.

Back