• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

why so much adv in t35 now?

umm

Discussions about how to cheat a free host or other services are not allowed in this forum - See forum rules

Remember : A Free web host with no ads will in future put tons of ads on their member pages or end free hosting or disappear as if they never existed.

T35 popups: reason is simple, they are looking for money,
now you can help them or look for a new host. :)

ericzzw, if you kill their popups, they will kill your account. Simple as that.

Obviously they use Advertising Networks to offset the cost of hosting people like you who can't afford paid hosting. Live with it or get another host :classic2:

Lol.. instead of asking for unlimited space, just tell us how much space you need.

or just ask for a host with a ridiculously large amount of space, so you know you'll never fill it

Yes, I hate those pop-ups on every page as well, but I guess that's just the way T35 has to survive. Which other large space FWP has FTP access?

Hmmm, now their pop-unders are back to normal (one every 24 hours). Strange. It did the same thing yesterday. T35 should now be known as the free host with indecisive pop-unders (not that they aren't still the best free host anymore).

Well, either deal with the ads or get a paid host. Those are your only options. Come on, these services are hosting your site for free. They don't have to do that for you. The least you can do is tolerate their ads

I've been thinking of jumping over to Internations.net as a result of T35's indecisive pop-unders. Internations offers 100 mb webspace, unmetered transfer, but with no FTP. They're ad free for now, but I don't know how long that will last, and I know in the past that they inserted inline ads into members' pages, and I can't go with a free host with those ad types because my site uses frames. So, I guess I'm stuck with T35's multiple pop-unders (oh well, I guess a site that some surfers avoid due to pop-unders is better than no site at all).

The main server broke.. (as you can tell from t35.com not loading for 3 days), and the only way i can afford to get another one is with some more pop-ups.

Here is how it works.. most of the day it is still only 1 pop-up per 24 hours. But when there are other compaigns, it might go as far as 1 per every page.. In that case, the trick is, not to close the pop-up. If you leave it open, the new one won't pop-up, and you won't even notice it is on everypage.

I am sorry, but i have to do that for now, untill i can afford the server.. It might only be a few more days..

I didn't think it was that bad.. since most of the day its still only 1 pop-up, and other times, you just don';t close it.. and you don't see it...

edit: also as mentioned above, having ftp access (with all the abuse, etc..) made us have a seperate server just for the ftp.. So that is kind of costing a lot too.. With warez being uploaded 24/7..

Also, can i get some input. On a scale of 1-10, were 1 is- i am leaving t35.com, and 10 is, its fine, the new pop-ups don't bother me, please let me know how u feal.. If they are really bad.. i will try to take them off as soon as possible.. but it might impede on how soon we offer domain name hosting, paid hosting and mysql..

Last edited:
9 - because i knew if i didn't close the window, there wouldn't be more pop-ups

for those don't know that/if i didn't know that i'd give a 1 ;)

also, it'd be nice if there was like a status page, that's on a server that is ALWAYS up. so like, if the forums go down, the main site goes *poof* or something , we can visit that one page and see what's going on and you could also post other news like why the sudden pop-up parade. i.e. status.t35.com. just my 2 cents.

:)

Hopefully t35.com won't go down anymore.. And i kind of hopped nobody noticed the ads.. They are only displayed 8am-6pm EST. All other times it still 1 pop-up per 24 hours. And 8-6, the ad still appears as 1 per 24 hours if its not closed each time.. And from my statistics most people don't close it..

wow.. nice responses.. just like i expected..
btw.. if anyone wants to see an example, u can see demo.t35.com ..

It's a ten!

I am so tired of finding a good free host that doesn't delete my site after finding out that it gets visitors or people try to hotlink that I give you a 10, Amelen. Any time a 10, just leave them as pop unders and they won't bother me at all. It's anyway hard to tell these days whose pop under/up/or what-have-you they are anyway.

Wow.. thanks..
Really positive comments.. if i leave the pop-ups as they do now, t35.com would be profitable now (instead of in 5 months). And with profit, i can start getting domain name hosting, mysql, paid hosting, cgi, etc.. set up.. :D

Well, I guess my sites visitors and I will just have to get used to them. This trend is happening all over the internet, and I'd probably have to end up doing the same thing to my site even if I were to pay for webspace, so I guess it's fair; as long as I know you'll be fast and reliable and I won't ever have to worry about running out of disk space, it's worth it. I guess I'll stick with T35 instead of going to Internations, because I just don't trust ad-free FWP's.

Last edited:
Back