• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why people like to spam by email?

trenzterra

NLC
I mean, that doesn't make any sense, the person receiving it can easily delete it and ban that person's email address. Isn't the person courting trouble?

My old email gets 100 email spams per day. :(

people spam over email because they want to catch unsuspecting people, mostly the computer novices, off guard and send something saying "You've won a million bucks! click here to claim it!" and it's just a link to their sponsor. Now why people do this, I dont know. Most sponsors have CGI scripts setup to monitor where hits are coming from so mostly spam is just to annoy the hell out of us, kinda like what you and Cyber do with your spam topics :D hehe

Originally posted by rapmaster
people spam over email because they want to catch unsuspecting people, mostly the computer novices, off guard and send something saying "You've won a million bucks! click here to claim it!" and it's just a link to their sponsor. Now why people do this, I dont know. Most sponsors have CGI scripts setup to monitor where hits are coming from so mostly spam is just to annoy the hell out of us, kinda like what you and Cyber do with your spam topics :D hehe
You mean Trenz and Cyber
They like e-mail spam because it costs them money to send it by regular mail but e-mail is free.

Originally posted by Docevl

You mean Trenz and Cyber
They like e-mail spam because it costs them money to send it by regular mail but e-mail is free.

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO :jump: ROTFLMAO

Exactly

just the way you put it, about regular mail costing too much. NE way I think we should quit replying to all these topics they started, their just racking up posts.

just the way you put it, about regular mail costing too much. NE way I think we should quit replying to all these topics they started, their just racking up posts.
OK, agreed.

hey hey

even they say if I've won a million bucks, i wouldn't believe them. I'll simply delete it.

Why people like to SPAM the boards: They want to be the top poster?

Thats what I intend to be

Originally posted by trenzterra
hey hey

even they say if I've won a million bucks, i wouldn't believe them. I'll simply delete it.

Why people like to SPAM the boards: They want to be the top poster?

Thats what I intend to be
Like you'll ever get in front of HK or Phrozen. And please, this will be my last post to any of your useless spam threads, stop spamming.

Hayama has us covered by like 1000 posts last time I checked :p

oops I stand corrected, Lex took the lead with Coolio and Meow right on Hayama's tail,

this is sad, I had to quote myself :p

Back