• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Not Introduce a Ranking System For Hosts?

Arjun

Guyz!

Its high time the Mods and the Admins of FWS come up with a list of the most trustable, reliable and quality hosting services on FWS. The kind of small hosts(no offence) and new hosts that spring up evryday and offer services which are *too good to believe* is applalling! And its quite obvious that you are taken for a ride by them once you sign up!

Not intending to say that all of them are bad but some of them are! And becos of these bad guys(lol) the good ones get overshadowed.

For instance, a guy comes up with a request for 1 GB space and 40 GB BW..

> ABC hosting says it can offer it at 8$ per month. After checkin ABC's quote, another host, XYZ, says it can offer it at 6$. Everything is fine till now! And suddenly when the deal looks to be settled.. A new host, LMN pops up and says it can offer tht for just 3$!! and this LMN is most probably the "bad guy" coz you cannot offer 1 Gb space and 40GB BW for so cheap..!

So if the buyer is a newbie, he'l fall for LMN..

To avoid such a situation, I request the old guys of FWS, the Mods and the Admins to prepare an approximate list of good, reliable hosts. I'm sure it'l help one and all.

Cheers!

Yeah i agree there are a lot of quotes being put there that cannot be true simply because of the plan spec and the low price

yeah..many newbies fall for those attractive quotes..i ended up losing quite a lot of money on FWS itself due to this kinda luring.. and hence the suggestion :)

Ok So I think we should Make a List Ourselves ... as the Admins & Mods are quite Busy moderating the Vast forum itself.

To Start with we must have atleast some Standards on the Basis of which we shall Rate a Host & put it in the List .... Any Suggesstions about the Standards we should make which every host must full-fill in order to get the his companies name in the list?

Also, I'd be willing to offer one of our 5gb reseller accounts free of charge to a user for 1 month if they will rate us on here. Thanks.

HelluvaHost said:
Also, I'd be willing to offer one of our 5gb reseller accounts free of charge to a user for 1 month if they will rate us on here. Thanks.
kinda getting off the topic aren't ya

Well I'm going around and checking out all these cheap places and I would be happy to submit info on which ones actually work. As of now I'm going to check out riothost.com. I agree that these places aren't the best, but for a limited budget and I need a lot of space, I'm just checking it out. If anything is wrong I'll post here.

interesting views..i wud say..we can have 3 grades..

Grade A : will have companies which are established, old and have large member database.

Grade B : medium companies which are run on one or two dedicated and resellers can be listed here.

Grade C : small and new hosts with no track record.

and now for the most important grade...

Negative Grade : Will have companies with a bad track record and against whom multiple complaints have been registered.

next we gotta decide the parameters are these grades.. i think some of the old guys can chip in with their valuable inputs :)

Sounds pretty good,

Arjun said:
interesting views..i wud say..we can have 3 grades..

Grade A : will have companies which are established, old and have large member database.

Grade B : medium companies which are run on one or two dedicated and resellers can be listed here.

Grade C : small and new hosts with no track record.

and now for the most important grade...

Negative Grade : Will have companies with a bad track record and against whom multiple complaints have been registered.

next we gotta decide the parameters are these grades.. i think some of the old guys can chip in with their valuable inputs :)

now we gotta define these Grades...

I wud suggest a few parameters for a hosting company to fall into Grade A..

-- > 3 years of minimum business with the same domain name and company name and a database of minimum 100 clients supported by atleast 5 dedicated servers. Also a clean record @ FWS

i'm open to suggestions..modifications..and criticizm :)

likewise we can formulate the grades and start grouping hosting companies into these grades...

once the grouping is over..update the list as and wen possible...

its really challenging and worth it :)

Arjun said:
now we gotta define these Grades...

I wud suggest a few parameters for a hosting company to fall into Grade A..

-- > 3 years of minimum business with the same domain name and company name and a database of minimum 100 clients supported by atleast 5 dedicated servers. Also a clean record @ FWS

i'm open to suggestions..modifications..and criticizm :)

Those are some stiff requirements to meet ....i really don't agree with that, your gonna punish people because they don't have 5 dedicated servers or haven't been in buisness for three years....your gonna classify someone else's buisness and possibly cause him to lose clients and money due to your ranking system, i think your setting yourself up for trouble

Last edited:
Techkid said:
Those are some stiff requirements to meet ....i really don't agree with that, your gonna punish people because they don't have 5 dedicated servers or haven't been in buisness for three years....your gonna classify someone else's buisness and possibly cause him to lose clients and money due to your ranking system, i think your setting yourself up for trouble

hehe..well tht was just an idea/pattern..and not the real thng..we can discuss the actual parameters now.. :)

i wud like to know wat thngs you wud consider in calling a hosting company "the best!" with which it can be grouped into Grade A :)

Grade A: (Power Hosts)
A certain ranking or number rating and at least 2-3 months.
On at least 1 dedicated server. Considerable number of clients

Grade B: (New and Average Hosts)
A certain ranking or number rating and at least 1-2 months.
On at least 1 dedicated server. Lower number of clients.

Grade C: (New and Not so good hosts, resellers too)
A low ranking or number rating, less than one month(least).
On any type of server/account. Low or high number of clients. Low reliability/support or uptime.

Grade C-: (Complete disgrace to the hosting industry)
Low ranking or number rating, several complaints, unprofessional.
Any type of server or account. Low or high number of clients. Virtually nonexistant support. Low reliability, high downtime.

That's just a general outline, maybe should be more strict, maybe less.

Regards,

About timing:
Grade A: I think it should be 1 years at least.
Grade B: > 6 months
Grade C: < 6 months

About the dedicated server: as you can order a cheap server at the moment easily, and I see some resellers are working hard to have happy customers, I think it's not required. You can have several reseller accounts with different providers. You dont have dedicated server: it doesnt mean you're not good enough. We should give chance for new hosts, if they are really good

Back