• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why my rep is not updating?

Subhash

I think I have enough rep points to show different status, but it still shows "unknown quantitity at this point". What is the problem with it?

Last edited:
I am not sure why your rep is not updating or exactly what causes the rep to change. I think it might require a certain length of membership as well, but I am not sure.

BTW, you posted this in the wrong section.

You don't change status because of rep?

Not your member status (Junior Member, etc.), but your reputation status (***** is on a distinguished road, etc.), yes. :) The status message changes after you receive a certain amount of rep. points.

Chris

oops.. I am very sorry. I posted in the wrong forum, actually I opened two browser window, that's why I made the mistake. Please move this topic.

And I am talking about rep status, which must be automatically updated.

When the rep. status changes also depends on what has been specified in the ACP. For example, 10 points on one forum could be "*** is a jewel in the rough", while 10 points on another could be "*** is a glorious beacon of light".

Chris

I can't say surely, but i think previously I had the "on the distinguished road" status with the same number of points. Then some one gave me a -ve rep, but now I have same number of points as before, then why it is not updating?

If you received 10 points before when you were in the distinguished road, after someone attacked you with a slinger at your back, then you need to have 11 points next time around in order to get back on track again.

Recent rep I've been getting is all grey no matter what, maybe rep is having an easter holiday :)

Recent rep I've been getting is all grey no matter what, maybe rep is having an easter holiday :)

I also noticed that. Perhaps if the repper (or Decker, jk) has an inferior rep power than you, it will turn out gray even if he/she possess a green.

If you received 10 points before when you were in the distinguished road, after someone attacked you with a slinger at your back, then you need to have 11 points next time around in order to get back on track again.

Do you mean that now I need to have 1 more than my previous no. of points? If that is the case then it may happen. Now I have exactly same number of points, so I need 1 more.

Anyways thanks Dayu,
Subhash

Ok, let me try and explain,

To get + points you need a green rep, you can only get green reps from people with a certain amount of points. The more points they have, the more points they are likely to inflict on you, minus or negative.

To get - points you need a red rep. Same applies about number points being proportional to the point score of the giving member.

Grey reps have no effect - 0 points - this could be positive or negative. If you got a grey rep, all that is useful to you is the comment and how that comment makes you feel. If the person is an "unknown quantity" or below (red), all their reps appear grey.

I think you have to have 20 something points to be "on a distinguished road".

If you were on "a distinguished road" and was recently back down to "unkown quantity" with the same points, that's because the points boundaries changed recently (According to an announcement by Peo).

If you were on "a distinguished road" and was recently back down to "unkown quantity" with the same points, that's because the points boundaries changed recently (According to an announcement by Peo).

One gave me a -ve rep, that's why my rep came back. And I was not aware of this recent rep modifications. Thanks for the info.

Hmm, sounds over complex for a simple scheme, for example if someone reps you + because you helped and they're new it doesn't count?

Same with someone new giving -ve if you've been a complete arse.

Don't remember seeing a post by Peo on changes, can you post the link to it James ta much :)

Back