• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why is hosting so cheap?

Cheers WM, I'm still wondering about Curtis H (the pills must have kicked in) and their contribution to this forum. I'll pass on your comments to the member of staff (if you know how I can claw back the wages over the $2 mark let me know) who did the new template, and as before asking the same question you didn't answer, you may notice (the banners) it carries other hosts 'as before' clients have a choice. Please feel free to ask those featured how much they have paid in the past months (zero).

Do I need to spell it out for you? If so, sad on your behalf and any host who pretends or claims to own a data center when that is farthest from the truth. Makes me question your services or reason for such a comment. (I won't even touch that $2 website design of yours that displays paid banners.) :wink2: Move along.
This entire post is totally inacurate and we do require a retraction.

any host who pretends or claims to own a data center
- duh where?

No wonder you have disabled reputation, god only knows what it would say.

WMSpecialties said:
We have our own datacenter, owned and managed by WMS staff. We can run our datacenter and remote servers and our business is just fine. I think that most of it is technology change.
Where is that located? You have pics?

If your making $200/year profit on a server your in the wrong business. If your making $200/mth profit on a server your in the wrong business.

Curtis is correct, what logical reason would a company have to have servers in theplanet when they have their own datacentre? The user even mentioned that datacentre's are expensive to run so why outlay more at a third party provider? :confused4

I won't even touch that $2 website design of yours that displays paid banners
Em ask the other members of this board if they would like to complain. The $2 part is a real insult a lot of work is involved in the daily running of any company, and your twit comments don't help

Personally I'd like an apology from Curtis H.
Whatever they say is always negative and very often mis-quoted.

Riveria Beach, FL. Jan we don't advertise it on the net. We don't wish too. If we can't compete with any big datacenters, what is the point. We don't have the resources to expand just yet. Also in our eyes it is a big accomplisment for us to have a ds3 connection. We call our office our "datacenter". It is mainly for local companies to view and see.
Specs:
120 Sq. FT. facility
One Ds3 connection
12hr. uninterupted backup power.
Our CEO does not like this advertised, as I have explained this before. I am simply the sales manager. I have said this comment on this board before and now I am getting replies,lol? MN-Robert We are making internet customers with the planet. It is cheaper. We can not provide it that cheap in our datacenter. Also whats wrong with that profit / server? Also anyone that seriously would buy hosting if we did not have the planet, tell us. We want your input. Should we cancel using the planet, and just go with our datacenter? We respect any opinions
Also the price differences are below:
The planet - $15.99/month
Cpanel
5GB of Space
100 GB of data Transfer
Our datacenter $100/month
Helm
5GB of Space
100 GB of data Transfer
MN - Robert, do you see what I mean? Also if there is any problem with our servers, we can access our datacenter instantly. Instead of waiting for something to get done. Any other Questions?

Last edited:
Well done WM getting that far :applaudin I really wish people would think first, it might be hard to ask the right questions, but i seems really easy to just post insults. :shame:

Well... thanks for telling me. I havent really check since this website is design by someone for me =)... thanks about it. ... you are cool

Decker said:
The $2 part is a real insult a lot of work is involved in the daily running of any company, and your twit comments don't help
You have to admit that your website really bites. My comment had nothing to do with as you prefer to call a "company." As for "twit"... LOL
Decker said:
Personally I'd like an apology from Curtis H.
Now that's funny! :tongue2:

WMSpecialties said:
We have our own datacenter, owned and managed by WMS staff.
WMSpecialties said:
We call our office our "datacenter".
So if one owns a Hyundai yet calls it a Cadillac, a Cadillac it is? LOL

Most of them are little kids with these reseller accounts posing that they have been in
business 4-5 years, and think they know this that and the other, but really they know nothing

Duport said:
Most of them are little kids with these reseller accounts posing that they have been in
business 4-5 years, and think they know this that and the other, but really they know nothing
Yeah, I completely agree. Just hate those. :rolleyes2

Back