• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Invision Board is better than phpBB?

Peter65

Is Invision Board is better than phpBB?

Hi...

I have only two choices, phpBB2 & Invision board.

I am currently using phpBB2.01 for a busy board with more than 2500 members. I am happy with it, except the speed. But I am curious to know, why still people claim Invision board is superior. Why So, is it just because it's New Board or it's Graphic and design?

I will not interested to switch, until they have something special. Can some one, who used both boards can put some light on it?

Last edited:
Well Peter both are very great boards.

The speed of phpbb has nothing to do with phpbb, just your database and host.

I think the only thing that invision board has over phpbb is it has a few more features... things like topic icons, and i forget what else.

But if i had a choice of boards it would be a very hard choice to make between the 2. Maybe phpBB because easy setup and good help, but Invision has better features and a little less help.

i would prefer

I did research on vBulletin, PhpBB, Invision & Ikonboard I found PHPBB the best with a whole lot of features and themes.

If you want ANY Detail ....e-mail me....

but use phpbb (i m no agent of it :D ) just using it :)

However, the mods have virtually come to a standstill and the feature list is frozen. Themes, IB has some good ones also.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
yes and it's better in speed.
If you have a slow server, either one will be slow. From my experience, phpBB has quicker page generations than InvisionBoard.

heh

think you all dont know any many ppl dont know the Special Edition of phpbb :D

i know it and use it....tis cool :D

You're referring to the CVS version? It ain't special, it's testing version. Buggy, and you'll need lots of php knowledge.

heh

not CVS its phpBB SE 0.94 with all mods

and i have a FULLY MODDED phpBB too with all mods :)

no need of php knowledge :D

@peter65 : your subject should be Why is phpBB better than Invision :D

Originally posted by The Red Guy
You're referring to the CVS version? It ain't special, it's testing version. Buggy, and you'll need lots of php knowledge.
@peter65 : your subject should be Why is phpBB better than Invision

Before starting this Topic I had some feeling that Invision is better than what I am using (phpBB2.01), but now after all your comments, I come to a conclusion my choice is Perfect.

I know there is a Fully Moded version available, and I have edited more than 15 mods for my board, it was very easy to do it.

Yes, you are right Hotman, I should change the topic heading as you suggested.

is it in anyway possible to HOST a phpbb board for free anywhere EXCEPT lycos? just asking.........

You can't really compare phpbb2's speed. They are just at different levels. Anyway, phpbb2 has many other good points, as with ibf over phpbb2.

id go with invision

Well, I prefer Invision Board over phpbb, and thats simply because I like the features better on IB. Also I have also seen quicker page transitions. I do not have many members though so I could not tell you how well IB will perform under those circumstances. But if you are satisfied with phpbb, then do not change!

Back