• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

why hosting is so costly here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpertWebHost

hi all

i've never purchased paid hosting before. because i'm earning a bit of income thru my sites, i'm thinking of purchasing now.

but, most of the paid hosting offers available here are too costly when compared to what brinkster offers.

for ex. they(brinkster) say they charge $5 per month(personal plan) for 35 gb of b/w with lots of other goodies(incl. a free domain too).

does it mean that they have some hidden charges? seniors pl. reply.

thanx
bp.

Hosting is very cheap over there because they are a large company. They oversell their servers, and probably overload them as well. Oversell means they host many people with large plans and overfill their servers. If you pay for instance 5gb for $2.95, the hosts believe you will only use about 150mb.

But if you really try any of these super oversellers you will know that if you try to even use 5% of what was offered, they will suspend your account.

There are various Clauses in TOS And AUP of the companies and you cannot fight back because you agreed to that while Signup. Most Simple reason for suspending a Account is *CPU Over Usage*.

<<He's not looking for offers or deals>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually one of my friend bought the personal plan for hosting with brinkster. This month he had lot of traffic due to educational results are being hosted on his site. Strangely after just 2 days, brinkster started displaying this message..
Error #1500

The page you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again.

If you are the owner of the site and you feel you are seeing this page in error,
email Support@Brinkster.com.

what does this mean? any one knows.

bp.

They have special limits within there TOU like:

5% CPU, you can only use xx bandwidth /day etc etc.

The thing you need to think about is...... Do I need that much bandwidth?.

but, most of the paid hosting offers available here are too costly when compared to what brinkster offers.
IMO hosting, even in its more expensive versions (like $1/GB of data transfer) is still pretty cheap, just that people like to create websites that use very much and produce very little. The result is that they soon can't "subsidise" the hosting costs and start looking to get more for cheaper. Hosting is generally very cheap if you don't waste it needlessly or carelessly.

does it mean that they have some hidden charges?
I don't think there is a direct relationship between low prices and hidden fees.

You'll always find ever cheaper hosting. That way the search will never end. Just look for a host that fits your short and mid-term needs. often times smaller and seemingly more expensive hosts, treat you with more care than a big host, where you can sometimes end up treated like a number.

Good luck!

Requires a 12 or 24 month sign up. Free domain name for the first 12 months only.

thats what i found on the sign up page for the personal package

bagpiper said:
i've never purchased paid hosting before. because i'm earning a bit of income thru my sites, i'm thinking of purchasing now.
Make sure you ask a lot of question. If the plans sounds too good to be true there are usually hidden cost.

Dont forget to do a search on the Hosting Company in the web host forums and see what comes up, you'll find a lot about a Hosting Company this way (Down time, Customer Service, etc).

Wow, they are some good suggestions there. Thanks all of you who have contributed with u'r valuable tips. i'll keep in mind everything u said while making my decision.

WHM, keep u'r mouth shut if u have nothing useful to say.

bp.

bagpiper said:
Wow, they are some good suggestions there. Thanks all of you who have contributed with u'r valuable tips. i'll keep in mind everything u said while making my decision.

WHM, keep u'r mouth shut if u have nothing useful to say.

bp.

calm down mate :beer: his just trying to say that u get wat u pay for lol

nd I cAn tlk liek a pr0 2 nd akt lyke a 12yar olde nd teal ppl 2 kp dier mout shutt... but I don't. Accept what he said, he has a valid point.

nd I cAn tlk liek a pr0 2 nd akt lyke a 12yar olde nd teal ppl 2 kp dier mout shutt... but I don't. Accept what he said, he has a valid point.

Sir(X3r0X), u must b a very great person to understand the indepth inner meaning of so called u'r "Valid Point". May god bless you with more knowledge to understand all other remaining meanings which may be hidden inside the "Valid Point". i must have made a great mistake saying whm to shut up and i'll not hesitate to make the same mistake with u too.

There is no use in arguing with people like u or whm.

This thread is a good example for how a few immature people, can ruin a discussion.

Admin. Pl. close this thread.

thanx.

bp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back