• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why foreign hosting price great cheaper than that of china

zujee

I'm from China.Recently,I have manage to build a web about game,also providing online game for my visitor.
You know,to run such website,I need a powful hosting,especially bandwidth.But hosting price in China is great more expensive than that of foreign countries,such as US.At the same hosting configure,price set by china hosting companies is about 5 times than that of foreign hosting companies.
Is there anybody know the reason?As we know,the price level in China is very low to developed countries.:tired2:

Is shared hosting the focus of your search/comparison? If so, you really should take into account the extent of overselling in the US hosting market.

Is shared hosting the focus of your search/comparison? If so, you really should take into account the extent of overselling in the US hosting market.

There are more U.S based data-centers and hosts competing with one another. Therefore to sell there servers/space they need to adjust/lower there price’s to have an advantage over other sellers... making U.S hosting more cheaply :)

Well I know an asian company that is really hitting the market and doing very well! In China as well.
not sure if I'm allowed to mention their name. but if anything please pm me, and I'll give it to you. If you have enough knowledge they might want to hire you.

Guru

Remember that the cost to operate a host in China is much greater since China requires so much paperwork to make sure you aren't spreading (gasp) democratic propaganda.

Remember that the cost to operate a host in China is much greater since China requires so much paperwork to make sure you aren't spreading (gasp) democratic propaganda.

As an ordinary chinese,I think China government has a great progress in democracy.

Bandwidth costs in China are significantly higher.
At the moment, Singapore has the cheapest bandwidth rates in Asia as its become sort of a transit hub in the region.
However bandwidth rates in Singapore are still significantly more expensive compared to the US.

Bandwidth costs in China are significantly higher.
At the moment, Singapore has the cheapest bandwidth rates in Asia as its become sort of a transit hub in the region.
However bandwidth rates in Singapore are still significantly more expensive compared to the US.

I agree with you.Bandwidth may be the true reason.

Only Reason "BW" . US has cheap "BW" go to AUS, the BW price is high, go to uk its high.

There is only one reason why hosting in usa is cheap,even though labour in USA is expensive but "BW" covers it all up.

I'd say the secret or trick to Chinese hosting is to look outside of mainland China for webhosting. Hong Kong has notoriously cheap webhosting services and most offer massive bandwidth quotas.

On the upside if you're targeting mainland China the services aren't that bad because they have big pipes into China while their international (e.g. United States) connections are quite small and are almost always saturated. Beware of quality issues and do shop around first though (as always).

majority visitors to my website are from mainland china
who can recommend a hong kong webhosting provider for me
thanks

Back