• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why doesn't certian site doesn't get removed?

d3ad

I have a common question and i searched it around but couldn't find the answer >.<" Its simple how come those like free online movie sites never get removed by copy right law? Do they have some sort of protections or agrement between copyright law that they doesn't violate any rules or TOS?
for eg. removed it have lots of copyright protected movie
and link and info. why it never get removed?

Thank you in advance for your answer :)

The ones that provide links to the illegal downloads are not hosting the files themselves, so they basically get away with it. The servers hosting the files eventually get found and thats why the links become invalid after a few hours to a few days.

I thought those who provide links and info about illegal material is violate to the am i rules right?

Disclaimers keep them safe , most are on rapidshare and they are too big to check every upload manually , they ca act only when an abuse claim is submitted .

Offshore servers also do the trick ;)

In Russia it is not illegal to violate copyright so a lot of sites get away with it there (like allofmp3) but that was shutdown as well. I believe the U.S. pressured them so much that they caved.

Little bit off there - allofmp3 (and a lot of other clone sites) got around it because they actually weren't violating copyright - they were paying the Russian copyright office, which was enough for Russian copyright law. The Russian copyright office, however, wasn't paying the international copyright holders, which is why pressure was put on the Russian government to shut the site down. They're not very serious about it though - allofmp3 came back under another name, with the same database and same user accounts still set up. Karlo's got it right - just got to know where to have your servers. :p

hehe i would like Thank you every one for you answer :)
So those who host that kind of site are just safe for Russia?

No, for two reasons. One, the loophole in Russian copyright law extended only to songs/audio - not video. And even if the loophole did include videos, you still had to pay for allofmp3, albeit a very small amount - all of the video sites I've seen have been entirely free.

hehe i would like Thank you every one for you answer :)
So those who host that kind of site are just safe for Russia?

If i remember correctly current best place to host these kind of sites is Malaysia .

But also there were some ideas for relocating ******'s servers on to the micro nation of Sea Land as they had uplink to the EU<->US infrastructure.

I think the world offshore now days should mean not only outside US but outside EU .(Not mentioning AUS because of the prices:evilb:)

Last edited:
hehe i don't have any intention to open very big site where i have to invest so much money. just simple as nothing but big as my hobby :)

Yeah,

sorry to say I already tipped Homeland Security about this. Big Brother is watching you very closely now! :eek:

Copywrite will never come to a end... the US need to relise that they arnt going to get all the tax money they should from hollywood.

Back