• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

why does all the big hosting from 5GB to 30GB have LayeredPanel

http://www.t35.com/ - unlimited space/bandwith for free package. When you pay you get limits.. They've been around a while...

(I don't know about the quality)

T35 free has its own limits too - for instance, the 512 kb file size limit. Also, you can't use more than 1 mb of bandwidth per 2 HTML page views, so if your site is primarily a download site, you have to host the files elsewhere even if they're all under 512 kb and legit (ie, not bigger files split by an archiver utility). Plus, their scripting has restrictions, etc. That's how their free hosting space/file transfer is 'unlimited' - they limit the other things you can do. All those overselling hosts have hidden restrictions, just read their TOS.

t35 have been around since I have been a member here at least. Maybe a few of the 1000s of web hosts that have closed down in that time should take a look at their long term plan ;)

And nobody had mentioned that LP has the core built around being able to be clustered so that it could be easily scalable to hundreds of servers.

I think cPanel would be harder to do that.

T35 free has its own limits too - for instance, the 512 kb file size limit. Also, you can't use more than 1 mb of bandwidth per 2 HTML page views, so if your site is primarily a download site, you have to host the files elsewhere even if they're all under 512 kb and legit (ie, not bigger files split by an archiver utility). Plus, their scripting has restrictions, etc. That's how their free hosting space/file transfer is 'unlimited' - they limit the other things you can do. All those overselling hosts have hidden restrictions, just read their TOS.
To host a downloading site you shouldn't use free hosting... And as I said, I don't know anything about their quality.

Talk about if purify those LP freeweb hosting sites we can count how many of them reliable. I've seen them last about 2-3+ years past and still alive as present.

I bet why some of admins use LP in my opinion.
-filter abuser: If you can't imagine think about cpanel have a lot of options more freedom than LP, in opossite LP give setting limit for users and that's good for admin to handle setting about put file extensions/space/BW/php & command/etc. only I see alot about htacess demand from some users. I wonder why?

only I see alot about htacess demand from some users. I wonder why?

to be honest, loads of the people who request .htaccess, they are noobs and don't understand that it isn't a requirement. take .htaccess files in phpBB, you always get questions on why they are disabled, why they can't upload them, will the forum work without them.

It costs a whopping 80 dollars... :D But it's an one time fee.

Fact is if you don't have much money you don't want to be paying an extra 30 dollars every month for CPanel.

i thought LP was $150?
either way, it's not worth it still. it's bugged too much it's a joke to use.
but we still use it ._.

ah, i knew i was somewhat right still.
about cPanel, isn't there a way to rent it monthly?
i'm sure i seen it somewhere...

Back