• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why do you need free hosting??

clanr3flex

Hello:
all have diffrents reasons for need that free hostin not paid why do you need the free hostin?
For me i have money but i can't pay via paypal or any other electronic way to pay via.Also we don't have western union to transfer the money to hoster this Sudan sucks.
In sudan we have very bad hostin feature with alot of money may be about
15 $ per month for 50 megs of space without cpanel or mysql :confused4
.the seconed reason is every one need to start free untill his site get popular so he will pay for it.

Yet you can afford a computer and an internet connection :confused4

I seen someone else post something the same about internet must be free and I thought the same thing you did
so totaly agree
alot I ended up replying google dedi server then tell me hosting is ment to be free :)

In reply to the threat topic:
The hosting isnt free most free hosts still make money out of you some way or another your just paying them differnt!

And I do agree free hosting is a good thing when making your first site etc
saying this tho All my free hosts didnt give me mysql and had very low bandwidth (Witch I was happy with backthen)
IN my views if you out grow html design you need paid shared hosting and not free hosting :p

anyway my reason for needing free hosting was:
mIRC Scripting I made a mirc script and needed somewhere to host it for friends
And a few IRC Chat room pages etc.
(I wasnt going to pay for something like this)

Mainly because of payment options, there aren't many ways I can pay for a hosting service because most hosts require payments in foreign currency (dollars, euros, etc) and citizens do not have access to those currencies (stupid Chavez).
Also, I do not like to spend money unless it's necessary. If I know a website is not going to use too many resources I have no problem hosting it in a free web host as opposed to spending money to get a paid web hosting service

Surely it's wise to start you business from the free hosting. you may have homepages on it. But with time you need more software to develop it and you have to pay for it otherwise you won't be able to move on further.

I need free hosting cuz I'm not that good in php that it just isn't worth to pay ;)

As soon as my website would get too big, I'd go to www.one.com or something like that... A friend of mine is hosted their too, and they seem to be really great, and they don't have a lot of downtime... Actually only when upgrading the servers

I sometimes needed free hosting for two reasons, its nice to have a bit of freathing room , to see if your project takes off, when your not rolling in the cash thats a real good thing.

to pay about 10 to 15 $ per month isn't that much but how can you send it to the guy that you are hosted with is the problem for me.

to pay about 10 to 15 $ per month isn't that much but how can you send it to the guy that you are hosted with is the problem for me.
hey if you give that to me i'll call you daddy ^^

problem is that most site ask for creditcard
or they use paypal but paypal ask creditcard as well althoug paypal offers to a few country to topup there account by bank transfer that option is not available in belgium.

i used to have payed hosting but i didnt realy use it much.only for putting some files online so other friends can download and also for testing cause i'm using winXP.

and because i'm unemployed atm :(
dont even have money to play wow online anymore or buy a pack of cigarets.

i want to start my own hosting company (with micropayment option)but you have to start small.
also us hosting company's offer more space and b/w but the speed is a bit slower. also i dont know why everybody puts 99%uptime
cause that doesnt proof anything i think they should put uptime D:H:S format on there statuspage.

Free hosting is fun. It is hit or miss. That's why it feels so good when you find a good one.

I also like to see if a free host is reliable or not. I am addicted to web design & playing with scripts though too. Throw in the fact that I am ususally broke and you have a perfect free web host client ..haha

Hey Alley... here's a cool piece of software you want to get your hands on... turns your PC into a web server.
You can host images / videos / audio... all sorts of stuff… right off your PC (and like all good software, it’s lightweight and free to download :)
check it out at http://www.purplenova.com/

Back