• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Do you need a hosting? Poll

Why do you need hosting?

• ecommerce business

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • personal website

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Game Clan site

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Web portal (such as dating, media centers)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Programming and Learning

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Society & Organizations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

SayaGyi

Hi Guys,

I wonder why people need hosting and what they do with hosting. For example, somebody may need a hosting service for running an ecommerce website. Something like that. I list the options for the poll.

Please join the poll and let see the result.:biggrin2: :classic2: :)

hottweelz said:
I voted "Other"

I need hosting to run a webhosting business. :)

Same here, before in 1999 was looking for some hosting providers, before was golden age of hosting, not to much companys like today, my first hosting provider was Netfirms, but now I like to do webhosting business, it is not all in money, I like to offer my clients something that was I looking before.

Anyway was before a Poll for something like this "Who was your first hosting provider", if no we need to create it to see which was the first company of us today, Webhosters :beer:

monoblue said:
Same here, before in 1999 was looking for some hosting providers, before was golden age of hosting, not to much companys like today, my first hosting provider was Netfirms, but now I like to do webhosting business, it is not all in money, I like to offer my clients something that was I looking before.

Anyway was before a Poll for something like this "Who was your first hosting provider", if no we need to create it to see which was the first company of us today, Webhosters :beer:

I remember I had http://members.xoom.com/~hottweelz

It was the coolest site about the "Debut of South Park"

monoblue said:

I am with you! :)

Zac

hottweelz said:
I remember I had http://members.xoom.com/~hottweelz

It was the coolest site about the "Debut of South Park"

Xoom, was good free host in that time how I remmember, but they changed later to NBCI, something like that I can't remmember now real thing, but there was some trick to remove their frame on top, something in links, you just needed to put "_blabla" something like that, I can't remmember, but I don't know why they stoped with their work, anyway this was offtopic but realy they was excelent for free host in that time.

I remember Xoom offered 11MB more than the 5MB of Geocities. Thats why a lot of people used Xoom. Correct me if I am wrong, circa late 90's

Zac

How I remmember they offered something like "Unlimited Space" , but I never tryed that "Unlimited thing" so I don't know, but there was good space, for 90's homepage standard.

In our experiences, most of our clients are split clearly into personal or business use. The business use often extends into reselling the service to a local market.

Back