• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why do people need free VPS?

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
Simple question. I see more and more requests for this and above all, most with no explanations for why. What makes me more curious is hosts that send offers with no knowledge of the hosting content.

From my quick web search, VPS pricing is 25$ USD and about 15 euros a month. Why are hosts going to give that away, when I seriously doubt they would get anything close to that in ad revenue?

I guess people do not wanna get limited by shared hosting, but also do not wanna spend money on VPS'es. Which makes no sense for me

most of these people who are requesting for free VPS do not even care if the host is actually spending money for the IP and bandwidth.
they just want everything for free.
i even saw some asking for free dedicated server...

I am using a sponsored dedicated server right now. And it works perfectly with the sponsor. Also I do care of them. That's why they offered me such a stuff.

And I saw people looking for free VPS's for a little banner ad or something like that. They do not realize it's not something like shared hosting. And the funniest thing is they create threads over and over again. I'm sure you have noticed bunch of them this month.
But when people like me, Sain Cai or CS Squad try to mention them the truth, we get bad rep. :) That's how this thing runs.

It's ok if requests like them would stop by bad repping us. But it won't! That's the sad part.

'm an game developer in need of some free VPS hosting for a new MMO project. The team includes around 50 some people but there won't be more then 15 on at a time, mainly only the people working on the client and server will need to test things the people working on the actual game won't need to do implementation for a while. We just need something to hold the server and database without paying for something that will be used very little. Soon we'll be buying a dedicated host but not for a while...

source:resellerhostingplanonline.com/

And I know someone who had one for about 6 months.

wow! who is that lucky person?
i think the one who gave him the dedicated server knows him.
unless for eSupun case, which is a sponsored dedicated server which have to keep on mention the sponsor name.
coz exabytes do not know how to advertise online, so they need ppl to advertise for them.
and eSupun, u r damn lucky. hahhaha

I am using a sponsored dedicated server right now. And it works perfectly with the sponsor. Also I do care of them. That's why they offered me such a stuff.

And I saw people looking for free VPS's for a little banner ad or something like that. They do not realize it's not something like shared hosting. And the funniest thing is they create threads over and over again. I'm sure you have noticed bunch of them this month.
But when people like me, Sain Cai or CS Squad try to mention them the truth, we get bad rep. :) That's how this thing runs.

It's ok if requests like them would stop by bad repping us. But it won't! That's the sad part.

Looks like a good deal with you and the sponsor

Simple question. I see more and more requests for this and above all, most with no explanations for why. What makes me more curious is hosts that send offers with no knowledge of the hosting content.

From my quick web search, VPS pricing is 25$ USD and about 15 euros a month. Why are hosts going to give that away, when I seriously doubt they would get anything close to that in ad revenue?

I would like to add to this. It seems it has become famous that we give out free VPS's to everyone.

Firstly don't ask for a free VPS if you don't know how to use it. Free VPS's (at least from us) come with no support.

Secondly there is no such thing as free, if you want a VPS there are certain criteria you have to meet on a monthly basis so don't ask for a VPS unless you really need it.

VPS Pricing with us is extremely low, it starts at $15.99 to get a VPS that is powerful enough.

Those asking for free vps's generally don't need them, but if they are offering banner advertising for it then it can't be making them enough to purchase a vps!?

Back