• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Atheism is logical to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giancarlo

NLC
NLC
I was sparked by Guitarnerd to open up this thread:

- Theory of Evolution does not comply with Christianity or any other religion in my opinion, even though these religions are "adopting it"
- Time and time again elements of the Bible have been disproven such as geocentrism
- I don't think the existence of god is logical
- English Common Law is not based on the Bible, rather on the Ancient Greek Court System, and later on the Roman Republic system.
- I use existentialist elements because they make most sense to me
- I dislike the bible because it is criticial towards gays

I have been in a Christian school before for one year so this is also why I am atheist.

Has atheism ever made you cry because you were happy? has it ever made your problems go away? Has it ever made things right? Has it ever made a miracle happen? And have you ever jumped out on faith for it?

I already answered that in a private message you sent me. The exact same questions.

Atheist Existentialism makes the most sense.

I have full right to come up with decisions myself towards what I believe in and you have no call in that matter. :mad:

Christianity is ABSOLUTLY not adopting to evolution. Evolution can be proven false just as much as some can prove it true. Going to a christian school means nothing. It's like saying you hate pizza but have never really tried it, I am gonna get flamed for this, but until you experience God, don't say you don't believe. Cause I will put my faith in that when you do you will believe also.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Christianity is ABSOLUTLY not adopting to evolution. Evolution can be proven false just as much as some can prove it true.

No it cannot. It has been rigorously proven by fossil records, etc.

Going to a christian school means nothing. It's like saying you hate pizza but have never really tried it,

I have! I am originally catholic, and came up with my own decisions rather than to follow a book written by a little group of men afraid of death.

I am gonna get flamed for this, but until you experience God, don't say you don't believe. Cause I will put my faith in that when you do you will believe also.

GOD DOES NOT EXIST, because it is against logicality. And don't mock me, don't play down my beliefs as they don't exist! My beliefs have been growing rapidly, atheism that is.

Read Notice:
In my opinion.

Last edited:
I will not mock you, nor will I criticize you. Cause it takes more faith to believe we just appeared, than it does to believe that God created us. How would your religion explain where we came from?

I will not mock you, nor will I criticize you. Cause it takes more faith to believe we just appeared, than it does to believe that God created us. How would your religion explain where we came from?

Then who created god?

First off, that is a question we won't know. And religion, which was formulated by men because they were afraid of death, does not explain it for me.

My beliefs (atheism isn't a religion) nor your's does a halfy decent job explaining where we came from.

When you feel funny inside, about replying to these, just remember that is God.

I take that a direct insult on my beliefs. When I feel funny inside, it is my own conscience and in my beliefs, we are told to believe in ourselves and not on some book.

Last edited:
When you feel funny inside, about replying to these, just remember that is God.

I don't believe in god
But i don't not believe in god

I believe in myself .. and the people around me

If i jump off a building ... will god save me :confused2

I think not ... If god is real .... he is like a Spectator ..... doesnt get involved ... that may be a good decision .. or a bad decision ...

But i think ... God is just some to believe in .. when times are bad .... if you are a Christian :)

Gian...this shows your lacking in knowledge of fossil records. The actual fossils of early man are very few. Maybe 3 bones out of an entire skelatal display. If you have proof of othersie, then do so, if you dont...then dont bother arguing the point.

As for God....the problem is that people try to make Him into what they want Him to be. That's not how it works. Too bad all religions have done this. I doubt if homosexuality and rampant sex is bad in Heaven, and I dont think it is possible to kill another there. There are simply basic rules set down for people to follow to determine which next life you go to. I dont think that someone who is basically good, yet Athiest will burn eternally or suffer the same as a mass murderer such as Hitler. I think there are different heavens and different hells. I also think that after death we will realize how petty problems here are. So much that even what Hitler did would be a petty non-issue. I think most people will have a pretty decent afterlife.

I am a staunch believer in God being in one form or another but am not a religious fanatic. I think all old religions are correct on some issues, and they are all wrong in others. The story of Noah for example was a copy of a much older story. That story was around in much older religions than Christianity. and stories of olden days about a world wide flood. Although the man's name was different, the flood was not unique to the Bible.

I also believe that Aliens were involved. Some examples would be that Ezekial saw in the sky a wheel within a wheel. Sodom was destroyed by weapons that can be explained for today. In Genesis, it talks of giants. On a scientific level, there have been no sich fossils found. Who were the giants? Yet there are many religions and nonreligious stories that talk of giants or powerful beings in olden days at the beginning of mankind.

Even if the Gods in all our religions are not real, I would still have to believe in some sort of ultimate God or force that has a hand in everything that exists. For me, it is illogical to not believe that. You may believe in the big bang theory...I do. But what created that? And what created the thing that then created that? Can anything in your logic or science explain any of it?

Fossil Records are there.

Originally posted by Webdude
As for God....the problem is that people try to make Him into what they want Him to be. That's not how it works. Too bad all religions have done this. I doubt if homosexuality and rampant sex is bad in Heaven, and I dont think it is possible to kill another there.

I do not believe in heaven or hell.

There are simply basic rules set down for people to follow to determine which next life you go to. I dont think that someone who is basically good, yet Athiest will burn eternally or suffer the same as a mass murderer such as Hitler.

Not all atheists are bad, not all are good. Same goes with Christians and with every other religion. We have rules too.

Well you got your set of beliefs and I respect that.

Originally posted by cdudeuk18
If i jump off a building ... will god save me :confused2

And if you jump off a building, will YOU save yourself? The Bible explains this as that you have the right to make your own decisions. If the God of the Bible is real, then he will not interefere with you. If you really want to die, he's not going to stop it.

Regardless, how can the prophecies of Revelation be explained away? How could a man of that time explain a nuclear war and weapons of our times?

Science says we use less than what... 1/4 of our brains? What else is there to be tapped into? Perhaps a power to see the future, talk to the dead, make objects float in the air? Maybe we see these things and attribute these things to a Godly force rather than ourselves?

I dont doubt that John the Baptist could have unknowingly tapped into some of his mind's power and could have either been seeing the true future...but it's also possible he could have been seeing scenes from some modern movies and thought they were real.

If you believe in only us, mankind, then you have to believe that in the face of our history that there is more there than what meets the eye.

Well actually science says we use 10% of our brain, so actually 1/10 of it. ;)

Webdude, I appreciate if you try and let people make up their own minds.

Last edited:

And if you jump off a building, will YOU save yourself? The Bible explains this as that you have the right to make your own decisions. If the God of the Bible is real, then he will not interefere with you. If you really want to die, he's not going to stop it.

Regardless, how can the prophecies of Revelation be explained away? How could a man of that time explain a nuclear war and weapons of our times?

Science says we use less than what... 1/4 of our brains? What else is there to be tapped into? Perhaps a power to see the future, talk to the dead, make objects float in the air? Maybe we see these things and attribute these things to a Godly force rather than ourselves?

I dont doubt that John the Baptist could have unknowingly tapped into some of his mind's power and could have either been seeing the true future...but it's also possible he could have been seeing scenes from some modern movies and thought they were real.

I believe that just cos you jump of a say 1 mile high building .. ( impossible at the current time ) .. it doesn't mean you wanna die ...

But you may think you do :confused2

But imagen if you worked out on the way down .. you didn't wanna die .. or you got out of the drucken state :classic2:

And on that ... this will be my last post ....

Damn ... i'm gonna be thinking about that for the next .. 2 mins :classic2:

Imagen that ... in the future .... jumping off a 1 mile high building ....

1 question to leave on

Would u die on impact .. or would u already be dead :devious2:

Originally posted by Giancarlo
And my beliefs are based on believeing ourselves.

GOD DOES NOT EXIST, because it is against logicality. And don't mock me, don't play down my beliefs as they don't exist! My beliefs have been growing rapidly, atheism that is.

I take that a direct insult on my beliefs. When I feel funny inside, it is my own conscience and in my beliefs, we are told to believe in ourselves and not on some book.

I do not believe in heaven or hell.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Webdude, I appreciate if you try to keep your beliefs to yourself and let people make up their own minds.

Hehe...Now THAT's funny!

Last edited:

Hehe...Now THAT's funny!

What is so funny about that statement. I edited my post, you can share your beliefs, but let others make up their own minds.

Believeing in ourselves is more important than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back