• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whois.sc Renamed

GamePhreak

I know it happened a while ago, but I was in the habit of going to whois.sc for everything! Now I'm forced to type those extra letters...

Isn't whois.sc the same company with diffrent name? Aren't they both from Name Intelligence?

I knew that, but just yesterday something was going on where not only could I not access domaintools.com from whois.sc like you are all describing, but I had to login to perform a whois query. Who knows... :)

There appears to be a limit to the number of lookups on the free service before you need to log in. I am auto logged in with one browser, but in another I am not. I sometimes use the unlogged in one because the link is bookmarked and after a certain number, it won't allow any more without logging in. That remains until I disconnect from the internet and reconnect with a new IP.

I'm not sure how many lookups you are allowed with one session, but I am guessing somewhere between 10 and 20. I have only seen it twice I think. I mostly use the logged in browser because I can view history and other goodies with that one :)

Back