• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

whois-it.com

I have toagree with "jstgermain" the box is way to small...

Maybe you could add a button that says "Select All" Then it selects all the text and you can copy it however you want? OR make a copy button (only problem with this is it will only work in IE... as far as I know).

Anyhow... besides that it looks professional. I like it!

- Jassi

JassiB said:
I have toagree with "jstgermain" the box is way to small...

Maybe you could add a button that says "Select All" Then it selects all the text and you can copy it however you want? OR make a copy button (only problem with this is it will only work in IE... as far as I know).

Anyhow... besides that it looks professional. I like it!

- Jassi

if you dont want to makeit larger, that is cool, but you should at least let the overflow be auto so that you can scroll through the text instead of not being abole to, or add a select all script like Jassi said. and it will work with FF too

put this in the head of the document:

HTML:
<style>
.highlighttext{
background-color:yellow;
font-weight:bold;
}
</style>

<script language="Javascript">
<!--

/*
Select and Copy form element script- By Dynamicdrive.com
For full source, Terms of service, and 100s DTHML scripts
Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com
*/

//specify whether contents should be auto copied to clipboard (memory)
//Applies only to IE 4+
//0=no, 1=yes
var copytoclip=1

function HighlightAll(theField) {
var tempval=eval("document."+theField)
tempval.focus()
tempval.select()
if (document.all&&copytoclip==1){
therange=tempval.createTextRange()
therange.execCommand("Copy")
window.status="Contents highlighted and copied to clipboard!"
setTimeout("window.status=''",1800)
}
}
//-->
</script>

and put the following code where appropriate

HTML:
<form name="test">
<a class="highlighttext" href="javascript:HighlightAll('test.select1')">Select All</a><br>
<textarea name="select1" rows=10 cols=35 >This is some text. This is some text. This is some text. This is some text.</textarea>
</form>

ALSO, THE EXPLINATION PAGE IS STILL MESSED UP. :) the select all code is great BTW, i am actuall going to use it myself later on when i can get a whois search script to work properly. :) great site you got there moose. you should add in an IP address thing too, so that people know check there IP address at your site.

Last edited:
okay, i'll do the select all code instead of resizing. I was planning on doing it anyway :D

jstgermain said:
you should add in an IP address thing too, so that people know check there IP address at your site.

it already does that ;) try www.whatismyip.com and get your IP.

Last edited:
ive done the ping bit and added some tabs, check them out.

Craig i'll PM you for the pr one ;)

Decker said:
Always get a 'you are not authourised', are you trying to script another engine?

with which domain? it works fine for me :S

edit craig, its cleared :)

Decker said:
Always get a 'you are not authourised', are you trying to script another engine?

i get the some problem when i search my domain mane, but when i search other ones, it works fine. a little weird and confusing if you ask me.

i have no idea why thats happening for you two.

I've re-designed what happens when you submit the form, so check that out and review a little more please :D

Last edited:
WOW, it looks and works great, the site is turning out to be the best looking webmaster tools page i have ever seen before, but you still need to change the results explained page

Last edited:
Back