• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Who is better - Hosting Extreme or T35?

Cracker

-
NLC
Right now, I'm angry at Hosting Extreme again, as I think they've hit their problem time - once again, they won't load .js files properly, plus not only is it that this time, but the problem has also extended to .gif and .jpg files, and that affects everyone who's hosting on their regular fastplugin.com domain! What's next, is this problem going to hit .html's and .wav's too!?

As for T35, they've had their share of problems too, but what do you expect for free? Anyway, they've seemed to fix their problem with their ads crashing Netscape as well as their other problems (right now, I've just loaded their ads fine using Netscape, even those from webhitsdirect.com), and my site loaded reasonably fast for being free << EDIT >> (actually, they seem to be as fast as they were last year at the moment) << /EDIT >>, so I might go back to them if Hosting Extreme can't rid themselves of their newly invented ridiculous "file hiding" problem.

So, which FWP is the least of the two evils (and once again, don't try to suggest alternatives, as 99 times out of 100, they don't meet my requirements)?

You may also wonder what happened to Gizba. Well, one thing, they don't have FTP (yes, I normally am not that picky, but I don't want to spend hours shoving my 41 mb, 1015 file, 94 subdirectory site through their file manager five files at a time unless I'm sure they're better than Hosting Extreme and T35); two, their sign-up link leads to a 404 error, which means that they'll probably crash again and lose everyone's accounts for the FOURTH time in their operation (move over Crosswinds, I think Gizba's going to beat you in the "number of times server crashed and members' files lost in one year" category).

Last edited:
Cracker

instead of letting problems continue with my hosting services do you mind emailing me support @ hostingextreme.com and letting me know what is wrong...

I am not aware of any problems...

I have told you countless times that I will fix whatever problems you have if you will just email them to me

Take Care

Jon

I see the problem...

I have multiple copies of apache installed because I was getting everything tweaked...when I had added the hotlink protection I had to enable mod rewrite so I made another copy of apache but I forget to reset the apache startup options and I had rebooted the server about a hr or two ago...therefore it started the old apache where it had images and js files disabled

I have fixed this and I apologize for the problems

Jon

PHP4.2.0: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p
----------------------------------
SSI: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p
Unlimited webspace: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p
Unlimited bandwidth: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p
Subdomain: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p
Ads: HostingExtreme - yes
T35 - yes
T35 = HostingExtreme
FTP: HostingExtreme - yes
T35 - yes
T35 = HostingExtreme
Forum Support: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p
Free domain hosting: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p
150 kb file size limits: HostingExtreme - yes
T35 - yes
T35 = HostingExtreme

Total: T35 -> 7
HostingExtreme -> 0

Therefore T35 is the better.

startrek -
"unlimited" doesn't mean better. It could just mean the host is trying to offer too much and will crash. How much does HostingExtreme offer of space and bandwidth? You have to consider that. Besides, it depends on what all Cracker needs.

EDIT: It seems that Cracker is asking about reliability, not features.

Last edited:
Thats funny Startrek.

Even though i would suggest Hostingextreme. I agree with byrdgirl.

I agree, that is pretty funny, Startrek! :D

I think both hosts are pretty low in terms of reliability. There are far better hosts. :)

Ok lets see...

Startrek I believe you have things mistaken

php: I have already made a annoucement that i will be adding it

ssi: no big deal easy to add...no one requested it

unlimited webspace: Cool let me add unlimited space for people can upload warez - no one has needed more space yet

forum support: why do I need it I answer emails within a couple hrs

free domain hosting: I already have a few users using domain support...

Moral of the story...you don't get what you don't ask for ;0)

Jon

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I agree, that is pretty funny, Startrek! :D

I think both hosts are pretty low in terms of reliability. There are far better hosts. :)

Hmm....I think my reliability has been damn good

I had a few bumps but they are all worked out...

Not sure if you ever admin a server but when you first start there are gonna be bumps

Moral of this story: Welcome to the internet...I am online 18 hrs of the day and I am constantly monitering things

Thank you
Jon

Originally posted by StarTrek
PHP4.2.0: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p

I don't use PHP. I change free hosts too often to worry about using any kind of server side scripting for my site, and since I'd rather discontinue my site than pay for webspace, I won't ever use server side scripting either.

SSI: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p

Like I've said, I don't use server side scripting for my site, so that doesn't matter.

Unlimited webspace: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p

100 mb webspace is practically unlimited for my site's purpose.

Unlimited bandwidth: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p

That's a lie. Hosting Extreme's transfer is unmetered (the last time I checked, it was)! I won't believe you until I see my site taken offline for "excessive transfer usage" like it probably would at a bad host like 0catch.

Subdomain: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p

Do you take me for some kind of idiot? I'm smart enough to use a separate URL redirection service for my website's URL and not the URL my host gives me. Once again, I've changed hosts so many times I trust no free host enough to promote my site with the URL it gives me, so this point is moot.

Forum Support: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p

Well, Hosting Extreme has e-mail support, so who cares.

Free domain hosting: HostingExtreme - No
T35 - yes
T35=1p

Ummm, I hate to burst your bubble, but T35 doesn't offer free domain hosting anymore.

So, as you can see, T35 is not all they're cracked up to be.

Last edited:
Yeah, they've been saying domain hosting will be coming soon, for months now.
Plus as far as I am concerned HostingExtreme offers great support, so it doesn't matter if there's support forums.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cracker

I don't use PHP. I change free hosts too often to worry about using any kind of server side scripting for my site, and since I'd rather discontinue my site than pay for webspace, I won't ever use server side scripting either.

Like I've said, I don't use server side scripting for my site, so that doesn't matter.

100 mb webspace is practically unlimited for my site's purpose.

That's a lie. Hosting Extreme's transfer is unmetered (the last time I checked, it was)! I won't believe you until I see my site taken offline for "excessive transfer usage" like it probably would at a bad host like 0catch.

Do you take me for some kind of idiot? I'm smart enough to use a separate URL redirection service for my website's URL and not the URL my host gives me. Once again, I've changed hosts so many times I trust no free host enough to promote my site with the URL it gives me, so this point is moot.

Well, Hosting Extreme has e-mail support, so who cares.

Ummm, I hate to burst your bubble, but T35 doesn't offer free domain hosting anymore.

So, as you can see, T35 is not all they're cracked up to be.

Then why were you asking for our opinions in the first place. It seems like HostingExtreme is a suitable host for you.

1) WTG, Hosting Extreme! We need more free hosts that will not punish our sites for being popular! Two years ago, only the ad-free hosts punished sites for being popular, but these days, too many free hosts do.

2) Jmiller, amelen personally admitted in these very forums that T35 free would not have domain hosting.

Last edited:
Well I have a ad solution that works...

So I am happy :-D

One Popunder for the users entire visit of your site (Even the entire day) is pretty good I think ;0)

I have had problems don't get me wrong...about a week ago I came home and found that chineese warez sites had ran up a 150 gb usage :(

I ate the cost but I soon learned that I would have to totally redo the service...

Now the entire service gets checked hourly by bots ;0)

Jon

Cracker, I am well aware of it, and pointed out that perhaps his link should be removed.
He didn't seem to keen on removing the free domain hosting page, even though free domain hosting doesn't exist with t35

Originally posted by HostingExtreme
php: I have already made a annoucement that i will be adding it

How long do you think this will be? I need a reliable host that offers php, and no one seems to want to answer my thread...

Originally posted by HostingExtreme
I have had problems don't get me wrong...about a week ago I came home and found that chineese warez sites had ran up a 150 gb usage :(

Now the entire service gets checked hourly by bots ;0)

1) I hate warez masters! I want to kick them in the nuts!

2) Are you sure the automated delete system isn't going to delete some of us legit users as well? T35 ran into a similar problem once, and they had to permanently disable it because it was deleting everyone's accounts.

It deletes files over 150 kb cracker...somehow people have figured ways around homefree....(why am I not surprised)

I also closely moniter the server status and files getting hammered I check into....

Php should be added today or tomorrow...I have been busy with a few other projects ;0)

I will probably also add ssi while I am at it

Jon

Back