• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHM Reviews?

You won't find much since they haven't been around very long, my personal advice would be to dig deeper and find more established hosts.

From what I know he/she use to run: http://www.5-starhosting.com

Anyone know what happeded to that :confused4

Theres been some nice reviews on FWS for WHM but reviews from clients who have been hosted from 2 days - 2 weeks with them. Its always best to find a review (s) between 3-6 months.

Goodluck in your search :).

WebHostingMasters i would not suggest this host, i currently under it reseller, for the first few weeks, it is a wonderful host, great speed and good support...however it take one days for the sales team to reply...after the two weeks, high cpu load started to come which cause users unable to visit the site and some downtime...will be changing host soon so that all folks...

I have the admit, that I was banned from here for a comment about them, about the speed.

For example, I can tell if i'm on a site that is hosted by WHM, because it is so darn slow!!

It's the hype of the cheap space, it's good for a while, but to make ends meet they need to overload the server, and thats what's happened.

xd3vilx said:
for the first few weeks, it is a wonderful host, great speed and good support...however it take one days for the sales team to reply...after the two weeks, high cpu load started to come which cause users unable to visit the site and some downtime...will be changing host soon so that all folks...

That's what usually happens.

HostingDepartment's prices look reasonable. The company however seems to be a new one with less than 1 year experience.

Hosting department has been in the business since 1998, i have an account with them and they have excellent support, usually within 30 mins if not no longer then an hour or two. Speed is good too, cant really tell the difference of speed to other hosts but its not slow as a snail.. and does not time out. Highly recommend HD =]

The proof? Just because there domain is only 7 months old, does not mean they have only been around for 7 months. Whois their main domain (Can't remember what it is) you will see it's been around for ages. Hostingdepartment is their American side (As they are a UK company)

hosting-shack said:
The proof? Just because there domain is only 7 months old, does not mean they have only been around for 7 months. Whois their main domain (Can't remember what it is) you will see it's been around for ages. Hostingdepartment is their American side (As they are a UK company)
Hosting Department has only been around 7 months. Craig may have "been in web design for 7 years", but he didn't get into hosting until late last year.

Bruce said:
Hosting Department has only been around 7 months. Craig may have "been in web design for 7 years", but he didn't get into hosting until late last year.

Correct, our company started in 1998, we registered in 2002, from 1998 we offered web design services to local clients within our area & also web hosting but nothing major.

I wonder why everyone uses whois to try to find the length a company has run? What if I change names? What if I change from .uk to .com? .be to .com? * years is a long time to sit with the same name, same domain, same records etc. Too much happens during that period.

heymrdj said:
I wonder why everyone uses whois to try to find the length a company has run? What if I change names? What if I change from .uk to .com? .be to .com? * years is a long time to sit with the same name, same domain, same records etc. Too much happens during that period.

Got to agree, but some well established hosts still have the same names for years and years =]

I'm extremely sorry every one for this downtime that has occurred in the past month. We have ordered a few more servers and we will be moving around the trouble accounts. The speeds will be back to normal and the downtime almost diminished as it was in the past. We will also be rewarding the clients affected (All clients on the server WHM-Gold)

xd3vilx said:
WebHostingMasters i would not suggest this host, i currently under it reseller, for the first few weeks, it is a wonderful host, great speed and good support...however it take one days for the sales team to reply...after the two weeks, high cpu load started to come which cause users unable to visit the site and some downtime...will be changing host soon so that all folks...
Again, we take full responsibility and we are extremely sorry for what has occured. Although, our sales team never took 24 hours to reply, can you please PM me the ticket-id for this case? If you are refferring to msn, we have no response time guarantee there.

Last edited:
Back