• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which weblogging tool to use?

sophie

Hellooo,
I am trying to find a remotely hosted weblogging tool that I can use on a free host. My host allows me 20mb of space and has FTP, cgi, perl, php etc. I looked here:
http://www.urldir.com/bt/chart.php?...leType&tool_d=b2/CafeLog&tool_e=&+GO!=compare
to compare the most obvious choices- blogger, moveable type, b2 and greymatter. I am not sure which one to use but I've had too much trouble with Blogger so that's out of the question. I looked at Moveable Type but it said I should have at least 25mb of space for the thing to work best. I haven't looked at b2 yet and greymatter, good old greymatter, is difficult to code when you want to customize your damn template.
Which service is best for me?

how about livejournals? You could have your main site and just either link to your blog there or put it in an iframe or a frameset.
Sorry if this isn't what you asked, I'm not sure I understood it fully :confused2

That might be an idea but I don't know anyone who has one so they can invite me. I'm not willing to pay for anything I can get free elsewhere :)

Originally posted by sophie
That might be an idea but I don't know anyone who has one so they can invite me. I'm not willing to pay for anything I can get free elsewhere :)
I have the same problem. :(
I don't even want my blog there but just to be able to leave comments to people I know.
I'm getting a two months' paid one this week and am just going to let it expire and revert to a free one but I'll have an invitation code to give out then if you want it and can wait a few days?

I just got my paid account but apparantly I have to wait a week before I can generate an invitation code :(
If you can wait that long I'll be happy to give you one then, otherwise sorry. On their site looked liked you could generate them right after paying but their email said to wait a week. :(

I use Greymatter, at first it scared me, but it's quite simple to set up and once you do it totally rocks. :)

Back