• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which support desk do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Lifes Good
NLC
Hi

I am looking into buying a new support desk & wanted to know if you have any suggestions, at the moment we use CL for our support tickets but it doesnt have alot of features, am looking at kayako esupport which has some cool features. What would you recommend? or what do you use & what does it offer?. :)

Thanks!.

I am not a host, but have been using kayako for two years and probably handle more tickets per day than the average host would have in a month :D

I like instaalert that pops up when there is a new ticket or a reply to a ticket.

LYT-Michael said:
Kayako is nice, or check out cerberus.
Thanks, yea cerberus does look cool but am still looking over to kayako as its got a very nice look.

well if you want just a ticket desk, id recommend purchasing a Client Exec account, lets you do billing and support tickets for your clients all in one place. Works very well

JDComputes said:
well if you want just a ticket desk, id recommend purchasing a Client Exec account, lets you do billing and support tickets for your clients all in one place. Works very well

We use CL but it just has basic features but it does the job.

We use Cerberus help desk. Cerberus definitely does the job and we have had no problems with it. There’s also a free version of Cerberus to try too, that you can run as long as you want.

Tried loads - depends on user prefs ad what you need.
Some will get away with basic ticket support, some will prefer full blown support systems.
kayako is one of the best quoted though and a good perfoermer.

James said:
Kayako is doing great for us. It's not considered cheap however.

Cost is no problem, Kayako is looking like the winner, thanks to all who gave suggestions. :classic2:

I've used ModernBill and ClientExec. I wasn't impressed with ClientExec, and ModernBill was a bit frustrating to set up. Once I got MB all set up it worked great. If you have the time and patience, I'd reccommend MB.

Also, MB does offer different languages, but the German is a bit messed up and translated funny. Can't speak for the other languages, but German isn't right.

Other than that, it's the best I've used.

Last edited:
Tree said:
I've used ModernBill and ClientExec. I wasn't impressed with ClientExec, and ModernBill was a bit frustrating to set up. Once I got MB all set up it worked great. If you have the time and patience, I'd reccommend MB.

Also, MB does offer different languages, but the German is a bit messed up and translated funny. Can't speak for the other languages, but German isn't right.

Other than that, it's the best I've used.

Thanks Tree, MB as you said is a pain in the ar*e to get going, plus all of our client data is installed in CL plus backups so we wouldnt want a new billing system, MB is good though once its setup. I also here good things about WHMCS.com which has loads of tools but am not too keen on the interface.

We generally do most support by email at this point, aside from the ticket system built into CE that nobody uses, we used to us OSticket, and we tried Ceberus. It did the job, but not worth it for what we needed with it.

CE's support system frankly sucks. The billing system however is amazing. If you can stand to drop $70 a month or so, I'd reccommend getting CE and Kayako. CE for billing and Kayako for support.

utcrazy said:
We generally do most support by email at this point, aside from the ticket system built into CE that nobody uses, we used to us OSticket, and we tried Ceberus. It did the job, but not worth it for what we needed with it.

Yes, most of our clients use email or live help but changes are in need, we want to manage all our support via one system but with many features, does esupport include a live chat system?.

Tree said:
CE's support system frankly sucks. The billing system however is amazing. If you can stand to drop $70 a month or so, I'd reccommend getting CE and Kayako. CE for billing and Kayako for support.

Agree, CL is the best billing software out there (IMO) plus I hear that V 2.6.2 is out soon :classic2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back