• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which PPC program do you use for ad supported hosting?

build-a-host

321Hosted.com
NLC
Hello all, until recently I was using YPN ads on all of my free hosting clients websites but, Yahoo contacted me and told me that I could not do that because their TOS states that the ads cannot be placed on websites that you do not own. So, I had to remove all text ads from my clients websites.

My question is for you other free hosts out there that offer free hosting in return for banner or text ad placement. Which PPC program do you use? I tried Adsense long ago and they were no good at all. The clicks were very cheap, and the first time one of your free hosting users gets mad and clicks your ads a bunch of times, you loose your Adsense account and all the money in it!

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I appreciate the link, as always but, I was looking for more of a personal opinion suggestion, one that someone has used and would recommend. It saves me a lot of time from installing different programs only to find out that I liek whatever better ya know.

Thanks again

Thanks, I am downloading openx now.

MicGoogle, are you allowed to place the ads on websites that you do not own?

Can't use adsense on your users' websites unless you forbid them to use adsense on their websites.

An alternative PPC would be Adbrite though :) They're next best.

Adsense is the worst I think! I had an adsense account for a long time but, one of my free hosting clients got mad because we canceled his account for sending spam or something, and so he clicked my ads a couple hundred times and got my Adsense account terminated.

So, Adsense is very risky, it just takes one pissed off imature little kid to ruin the whole thing!

I have an Adbrite account but, I haven't quite figured it all out yet, been using YPN too long I guess!

To create an ad for one of my free hosting users websites, can I use the same code on every website, or do I have to create a new zone for each website?

Thanks

EDIT: I just setup my ad zones for the different ad sizes, so I'm good to go there. Now my question is, what should I set for the minimum acceptable PPC $? I think it's set to $0.10 right now but, is that too low, too high? I have never had to deal with this sort of thing. I have always used Adsense and YPN! :confused4

Last edited:
yep just use one ad zone for all your sites thats what i do ;)

However if you'd like to be specific for footer ads or header ads you can do that as well..

by the way you're not supposed to be using ypn for free hosting.. same goes for clicksor.. and thought that doesn't go for google ads the danger is obviously there of someone over-clicking to terminate you..

by the way you're not supposed to be using ypn for free hosting.. same goes for clicksor.. and thought that doesn't go for google ads the danger is obviously there of someone over-clicking to terminate you..

Hello all, until recently I was using YPN ads on all of my free hosting clients websites but, Yahoo contacted me and told me that I could not do that because their TOS states that the ads cannot be placed on websites that you do not own. So, I had to remove all text ads from my clients websites.

That's why he's asking :p

Yes, exactly. So it is ok with Adbrite if you use their ads in that way, placing them on other peoples websites?

Thanks everyone

EDIT: I just setup my ad zones for the different ad sizes, so I'm good to go there. Now my question is, what should I set for the minimum acceptable PPC $? I think it's set to $0.10 right now but, is that too low, too high? I have never had to deal with this sort of thing. I have always used Adsense and YPN! :confused4

Last edited:
Back