• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which OS?

horaz

In my home I have Intel Pentium 4 - 1,6G
With Maxtor 20GB of Hard Disk. MAXTOR 2B1etc,etc <-- MAXTOR CODE.

Now my Hard Disk change and cant detect by BIOS, Its can detect as MAXTOR ATHENA.

I have no lots money to buy new HD. I just have IOMEGA ZIP ATAPI with 100MB disket.

Now I an OS installed with my IOMEGA ZIP. Im trying installing DOS <-- I hate, just text console :(
Win311<-- Problem when installing Realtek ethernet.
Win95 <-- Windows Protection Error - You need to reboot you Blah blah
Win98 ME 2K XP <-- :) Not Enough Space.

Im trying installing CINTRIX 1.8 on my WIN2K SERVER but clients wont work with DOS. (Trying Install PC CLONE through ethernet)<-- This no help. Coz.. DOS wont load ethernet driver :(

My Question.
1. How to fix HD with that conditions?
2. Can Windows run with GUI just using CD ROM <-- Like Knoppix
3. Which OS can install using 100MB Iomega ZIP?

first i'd get a boot disk and go from there. scan disk your computer harddisk and see whats the matter. looks as if your h/d is just either missing some files and you need to reformat and reinstall windows or theres a physical problem with your h/d.
If your attempting to use a cd with an os use a linux like lindows or something like that.
also check the IDE cable, thats what was wrong with my computer when it wasn't working, a faulty ide cable.

Looks like either your HDD or your motherboard have died, BIOS changes in detection of IDE devices are rare - try unplugging it all and plugging it back in again (basically strip the machine).

I'd recon that either way the HDD will have to be wiped clean. But brace yourself it may well be gone beyond repair if the controller ROM is gone.

Decker :

My motherboard not damaged, Now I place with SAMSUNG HD wih 3GB. Its not really help, but hope I can get new HD with large space.

Now I trying, how to recover my damaged HD, Coz lots important files there, and hope that can be recovered with other ways.

Still about HD. I hear on this forum, that we can make add space without changing hardware. I didnt find that thread for this days. Any ppl can give me url how to make that.

eg: Western Union 210GB can be 520GB
Seagate 80GB can be 150GB
Some 20GB HD can be 30GB
And some I cant remember.

If anyone can help, how to recover my HD detected by BIOS as MAXTOR ATHENA please replay this thread.

Thank your for replays.

Can't remember which one I used recently - I'll look it out and let you know which one it is. It's free as well, you just hook up both drives and it does a sector recovery to the other disk.

horaz said:
Still about HD. I hear on this forum, that we can make add space without changing hardware. I didnt find that thread for this days. Any ppl can give me url how to make that.

eg: Western Union 210GB can be 520GB
Seagate 80GB can be 150GB
Some 20GB HD can be 30GB
And some I cant remember.

I think this is the article you were thinking about!!
Unused space on hard drives recovered?

You (c/w)ould really f*ck up your hardrive with that.
If you value your hardrive and don't want to risk killing it, don't do it.

Take a look at your motherboard, how old is your motherboard and your hd. Don't try adding more space, it will mess it up, and in your situation you dont need that. The best idea is to find a cheap harddrive online, 9 gigs is enuf to install xp and alot of other stuff and u can get that for pretty cheap now. If that doesnt work, your motherboard is dead. Its like a car, once its gone into a Coma its gonna be more money to get it out of it limping then it would be to buy a whole new one. Motherboards are cheap too, depending on you processer, a good Pentium 4 compatible one is about 130 at starting price.

Yeah, note how he dug up the old thread to post to it. Also note how "Vegikens" also was completely clueless as to what the thread was really about.

Back