• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which Merchant Account????

Hi im looking for a merchant account which i will use along with my business to accept credit card payments. Im looking for one that is a cheap as possible really but still reliable. I dont expect to be taking more than $1500 a month and not even $1000 in the first 6months - year. So that might help you help me :D

ANy ideas or experiences would be great!

Ok i looked more indepth to paypals merchant account and it looks pretty good :D Has no monthly fees, setup fees only a 3.9% charge per account and £0.20 charge per transaction. Also they do help is customers request chargebacks which can be stopped with a simple no refunds policy :D

Im probably gonna choose paypal hehe

PayPal should be fine for you since you won't be expecting much money. You might want to get WorldPay when your sales stablized.

You can get chargebacks with paypal if the customer contacts his bank instead of just filing a dispute with paypal.
Most verified customers wont chargeback paypal because they dont want their paypal account frozen but its best not to abuse this.

I use http://www.cdgcommerce.com/

This is a real merchant account not a 3rd party like paypal.
It has been my experience that its best to both do your own credit card processing and accept paypal. As there are people who prefer certain ways.
Daily payments directly into your bank account :)

Back