• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which Forum software do you prefer?

softaculous

There are many forum software in the market today like PHPbb, Punbb, IceBB, Vbulliten, Vanilla and many more. What do you think which one is the best forum software?

I personally prefer using Vbulliten.

I like phpBB the most. vBulletin is my next-favorite choice. After that, I don't care. :D

Lately I've become a fan of MyBB.

It seems to run lighter and faster than PHPBB, with good support for customization.

Oh, and I forgot about UseBB. This one used to be my favorite, but just doesn't really have any add-ons.

phpbb has a TON of modifications, and I love that. Haven't really used any others too much though.

Last edited:
We ran an invision board for several years and then the board's popularity declined. We finally closed it in 2008. We have a license for vBulletin 4 that we purchased a while back and still haven't put it to use yet. Invision and vBulletin are the two best paid softwares IMO. phpBB is good if you have no money.

I prefer phpBB because it is search engine optimized, has lots of plugins, easier to master and has a wide range of free design templates.

I'd say IP.Board, ok yeah it can be expensive with all the add-ons, but so is vBulletin.

I'd say IP.Board, ok yeah it can be expensive with all the add-ons, but so is vBulletin.

Yeah, I personally like IP.Board myself. I like VB for the themes (which IP.Board lacks) but I can't find a more professional forum software then IP.Board.

Back