• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which editor do you use!(For PHP Programing)

Hamed

I am coding php now I want to now which editor is the best free or paid tell me both of them:evilb:

php designer, both .....

Clearly, Zend's tools are the best environment to develop in, however it's incredibly expensive ........

Hi :
The Best software development the Php programing is :

* - Zend studios / Zend server 5.0
* - Macromedia DreamWeaver 8.0
* - Php Expert !!
Good luck ... and You never Found Free software work Better than the Paid softwares !

I personally use Dreamweaver for all of my code, HTML/CSS/PHP. Does the job nicely.

- php designer 2007
- dreamweaver 8
- notepad++

and of course, with the help of xampp.

I use wordpad for all my php stuff.

Krakjoe have you done any of the zend training? Is it worth it if you have?

I looked at the price of Zend Certification at the end of last year, at the time it would have cost more for me to actually stay near the training college than it would to do the exam, so I think I'll wait untill it's a bit more widespread, when local educational institutions start to administer the training, or I live nearer to one of the places that do it currently, it's most definately on my list.

I don't really think it will teach me anything ( probably remind me of loads though ), it's just it's the only "Qualification" that there is really for php so it's a must have at some point, but I'm not gonna put myself out to do it, not really put myself out so much as spend more than I'll make from getting it .....

PHP Designer do a free IDE, and it's very good for beginners and professionals that are cheap.

The generalization that commercial software is always higher quality than opensource or free software is rubbish, there is plenty of free or opensource alternatives that kick the --- off thier commercial equivalents, php being only ONE of them, apache being another, vmlinuz being another .... the list goes on.

Probably the best free one is PHP designer, and then when you're earning some money out of your skills you can use the paid one with all it's extra features without having to learn a new IDE.

Last edited:
I found PSpad a while back, and love it :), though it took me a while to get to grips with the functions.

There may be a better one, but i havent tried all that many - and its definitely a step up from notepad.

I use textpad, nice piece of software.

Sometimes for nostalgic purposes I'll use EDIT from the command prompt :p

i have used Zend, but, I am so used to Dreamweaver that I tend to forget about using Zend. those are the only two programs i use anymore.

Back