• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

which dedicated server is good

They are both good.
I'd say go with SoftLayer if you have the cash.
And, I wouldn't use WebHostingStuff for reviews.

I use softlayer for some of my servers and love them. ThePlanet is also good but I prefer SL

Softlayer has a better support and tools I found, but it depends on your budget, there both great companies.

LayeredTech is another decent provider, they had a few hickups the last little bit but there still decent.

thank you all your guy to help me to decide to choice for server
but I really dont know which company I want to choice for.
I hear lots people said theplanet is great, but theplanet support and tech is very bad. i use theplanet before but I didnt buy from theplanet, I bought from hosgator. the hostgator is toooo expensive for me..
I heard softlayar support is good and speed good. but I dont know the company qulity.

I need your guy help me to choice and leave you review for the two company

thank you

larry

I hear lots people said theplanet is great, but theplanet support and tech is very bad. i use theplanet before but I didnt buy from theplanet,

I will agree slightly here, but when you get a good staff member who loves their job, you'd be flying. Their network is great though.
SoftLayer is good too, overall they do have fast networks good hardware and support, they are a good quality graded company which is why they are costly.

I'd vote SoftLayer.

I also vote softlayer. We have been using them for a couple months and have had very few issues and even when we did it was resolved within 30min.

I also love the 45min OS Reload times :)

I will agree slightly here, but when you get a good staff member who loves their job, you'd be flying. Their network is great though.

Thank you very much tell me lots about theplanet. I love theplanet lots. but.. anyway. I try for month. if good I will try it again

thank you again to reply the messenge:):)

larry

:):)
I also vote softlayer. We have been using them for a couple months and have had very few issues and even when we did it was resolved within 30min.

I also love the 45min OS Reload times :)

and you too
help me lot.. I will try theplant first.if good I will continue next month

larry

Hi!
I think you need to establish a baseline...figure out exactly what you need from a host..and try a few.

What are your priorities?

1) Network Speed/Stability
2) Access to tech support
3) Access to tools to fix things yourself
4) Sales Support
5) Provision Times/upgrade timeframes

I think it is impossible to say...blahblah is better than blah because each of us may want entirely different things.

I will never trust another reseller who refuses to put his "promises" down on paper. Some NOCs are no better.

I think the primary problem is the infamous "Slick McGlick" salesperson.

See...Slick does not care if you get what you want at all. All Slick cares about is making his sales quota/commision. After all..it's not Slick who has to make good on those promises..it's the tech and development team.

I want to show you a clear cut example:

I saw an ad on a certain other board..and it looked very similar to the deal I had already taken advantage of..but not through a reseller..but through the NOC directly.

>>>>* Control! A powerful portal offering you reboots, integration of your KVM/IP and management interfaces, tickets, user creation and management, and Automated OS Loads

Interesting features..but GNAX did not offer any of this..in fact..it wasn't even mentioned.

Fact: The system is "in development"
Fact: There are no automated OS reloads..none. Zilch. Zero.
>>Worse still..no time frame when it might be available.

KVM availability is minimal..and a bit odd. Again..clearly "in development"

I tried to reboot a server through the "control panel" only to get "feature unavailable". I had to file a ticket and two days later..it works.

Unacceptable.

My experience with Softlayer through one of their resellers has been challenging as well.

It seems their idea of "complete" access is a bit different than mine.

Sadly...very,very different. I just don't see how these people plan on keeping customers when they can't make good on all the promises.

My only guess is they really don't care. It's the only conclusion I can come up with.

Bryon

Hi!
I think you need to establish a baseline...figure out exactly what you need from a host..and try a few.

What are your priorities?

1) Network Speed/Stability
2) Access to tech support
3) Access to tools to fix things yourself
4) Sales Support
5) Provision Times/upgrade timeframes

I think it is impossible to say...blahblah is better than blah because each of us may want entirely different things.

I will never trust another reseller who refuses to put his "promises" down on paper. Some NOCs are no better.

I think the primary problem is the infamous "Slick McGlick" salesperson.

See...Slick does not care if you get what you want at all. All Slick cares about is making his sales quota/commision. After all..it's not Slick who has to make good on those promises..it's the tech and development team.

I want to show you a clear cut example:

I saw an ad on a certain other board..and it looked very similar to the deal I had already taken advantage of..but not through a reseller..but through the NOC directly.

>>>>* Control! A powerful portal offering you reboots, integration of your KVM/IP and management interfaces, tickets, user creation and management, and Automated OS Loads

Interesting features..but GNAX did not offer any of this..in fact..it wasn't even mentioned.

Fact: The system is "in development"
Fact: There are no automated OS reloads..none. Zilch. Zero.
>>Worse still..no time frame when it might be available.

KVM availability is minimal..and a bit odd. Again..clearly "in development"

I tried to reboot a server through the "control panel" only to get "feature unavailable". I had to file a ticket and two days later..it works.

Unacceptable.

My experience with Softlayer through one of their resellers has been challenging as well.

It seems their idea of "complete" access is a bit different than mine.

Sadly...very,very different. I just don't see how these people plan on keeping customers when they can't make good on all the promises.

My only guess is they really don't care. It's the only conclusion I can come up with.

Bryon

hi Bryon:

Thank you to give me lots deal about the two company's dedicated.

I use the theplanet before. but I didnt buy direct from theplanet. I bough it from hostgator. i like the speed, qualoty. but the price was expence for me, I cancel the plan and I want to move to theplanet. so I came to freewebspace to let you guy comment which company is good.

larry

I think that you need to understand you goal first of all. What for you need the server? Which target audience are you are doing to direct? etc.
And then try to compare that offers in this way. IMO

I think that you need to understand you goal first of all. What for you need the server? Which target audience are you are doing to direct? etc.
And then try to compare that offers in this way. IMO

OF cause Hosting company

thank you to reply the messenge

larry

You are looking for the dedicated server to start run own web hosting comany? I just can't get it from your last post ;)

Yes I chose for server for hosting company. I want a best speed, quality, credi, best support, good server. good network.

Sorry. I didnt tell all you who reply the mesenge adn didnt complete I want the dedicated for what.

righ now you get it:beer::beer::wave::wave:

Larry

I have been with Theplanet for 9 months now. Good server and service. If you are looking for a server under $150, with Theplanet you have more options than Softlayer. But with Softlayer you get many options like, KVM, remote rebbot etc. free of charge. Theplanet charges for KVM. I am yet to try Softlayer, but heard good comments about them many places.

Back