• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which board should I use?

Which board should I use?

• phpBB

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • wBB

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Have you installed both?

I think phpBB is easier to install too. All you need to do are upload the files. You don't have to edit any of them or even chmod any files.

Maybe by May or June. They still have at least another 3 or 4 release candidates before the final release.

I believe phpBB is easier to install, but it sucks anyway. WBB has a better layout; it looks much closer to vB. :) Meanwhile, phpBB looks like Ikonboard, and that's never a good sign when you're imitating another free script.

I tried phpBB, but the install is not easy. One step I dunno how to do... it involves unzipping or whatever and the path to that file.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I believe phpBB is easier to install, but it sucks anyway. WBB has a better layout; it looks much closer to vB. :) Meanwhile, phpBB looks like Ikonboard, and that's never a good sign when you're imitating another free script.

I agree. Go wBB. Click on the link in my signature and you'll see how similar they are and you can design it very nicely.

WBB has a better layout; it looks much closer to vB. :)
The idea is to be ORIGINAL; not to copy the layout of another board.

That's exactly the point. Try telling phpBB to stop copying Ikonboard.
WTF??? They aren't. The people at iKonBoard are the ones copying phpBB themes.

Originally posted by Phrozen
WTF??? They aren't. The people at iKonBoard are the ones copying phpBB themes.

you made posting #45000 in this forum. cangrulations

Back