• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which Board has the most Features

makk551

Hi,

don't spam me full with messages saying: "We had that thread 10 millions time alreday" or "Look the first thread, there is a big list"

The list is great and I'm happy with it, but the prob is that there I getr only links to Boards, but since I am a noob in boards, my only way of finding the beswt board is by,which looks the nicest. But this isn't the right way.
So know I just wanted to know which free board has the most features. and what would you recommend of those two: wbb1.1.1 or phpbb2?

Thx MaXX

vBulletin is, by far, the most feature packed, but of course, it's a paid board, not free...

PhpBB is actually quite lacking in useful features. It gives you all these unnecessary things (like all those profile options, so many poor emoticons by default, and a little too detailed in those usergroups), but misses out on bigger things like posticons, a good looking post page, and an easy-to-use control panel.

WBB has a lot of features, if you want more and better hacks, but remember that it has a bad backend, as some people have pointed out. And hacks are harder to install. It is slower than phpBB.

If you want features, go for Ikonboard or perhaps IBForums and WBB (with hacks). But remember, the more features it has, the more resources your board will use up. And that will slow the board and server down.

Certainly invision board ( www.ibforums.com) is the most feature packed and the fastest free forum available. I think there is available the RC2 version but it's really stable. Avoid Ikonboard. PhpBB is really good but as conkermaniac said isn't the best if you need features.

I go for either Ikon Board or Invision Board.
I enjoy Invision alot more as it is a PHP based forum, and is fast loading compared to Ikon.

Thx guys,

I probably go now for invision. I after find the layout better tha that of wbb.

And whats that about this free version of vbulletin? What's the difference between the paid and the free? What's the difference to other free Boards?

Thx
MaXX

Originally posted by makk551
Thx guys,

I probably go now for invision. I after find the layout better tha that of wbb.

And whats that about this free version of vbulletin? What's the difference between the paid and the free? What's the difference to other free Boards?

Thx
MaXX

The vBulletin free version is basically a test script to see if vB works on your server.. it has hardly any features.

I installed now invision board.
And works.
Cool board.
But I saw that for customation you can only upload skins.
So where can I find skin for ibforum(invisionboard).
And don.t say:"www.ibskins.com". They have just a board, where they discuss about skins, but which never loads.(fails everytime to connect to thier mysql db)

Thx
MaXX

Originally posted by makk551
I installed now invision board.
And works.
Cool board.
But I saw that for customation you can only upload skins.
So where can I find skin for ibforum(invisionboard).
And don.t say:"www.ibskins.com". They have just a board, where they discuss about skins, but which never loads.(fails everytime to connect to thier mysql db)

Thx
MaXX
No other sites other than ibskins.com. They'll be ready to distribute some when ibf is in final.

Back