• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which ad type would you prefer?

Which ad type? (customer perspective)

• Standard top placement AdSense banner

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Minimizable top placement ad banner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop-under advertisement, one per browser session

• After 7 minute idle, re-direct to host page

• Top placement text link to host

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Landing page before re-directed to user page

• Total voters
"Top placement text link to host"
Or better...
"Top placement IMAGE link to host" gets more attention to the person who spending money on you for nothing!

I'd prefer an Adsense banner. Then you know your host is probably going to stay because of the income generated.

I prefer the adsense banner also, its just what im use to, and as long as it isnt too big, its just text and so doesnt impose on your page.

After 7 minute idle, re-direct to host page sounds interesting. How would you implement that?

Would that really benefit the host though, how about after 5, because if people are going to leave their comp on a certian webpage for over 5 minutes, they're probably not at the computer.

Yeah, that'd what I would say. Although, I usually leave a page up, if i'm watching TV, which is next to my P.C, or i'm on MSN Talking to my friends.
And also, when you came back to your computer, you would see the hosts page, so it'd be easy advertising, and anyone that walks past the computer would too.

It could work :/

as a costumer i would put a hosted by <hoster> image or link at the bottom.
as a host i would give users possebility to choose where they wanna put the add. even provide them the google adsense code so they can place them.
you can still run a script to check if the code is on the page.

My good friend hates online advertisements. Quite fierce with internet ads. I am trying to use the adsense ads because of the main reason that such ads works and do not hassle people, eg. popunders. I must agree that popunder advertisements are killing the fun of visiting a website. I therefore only use text ppc banner ads.

Back