• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where to get second-hand computers?

Fuzzylogic

i've been searching for a second hand laptop for uni and while i've looked at some good offers they are still about 600 dollars for a p2-233 laptop which seams about the standard price in australia. i've already looked at:
- ebay.com.au i've not really confident about sending away money to someone i don't know in person.
- laptop.com.au
-notebooks/laptops.com.au
-notebooks.com.au
thats about it. does anyone know any more places that i could look. cheers.

I got my laptop off ebay over a year ago; and really if the seller has a decent feedback rating... there's nothing really to worry about. There's tough competition on ebay, but if you're smart you can get a good deal...

Any other place I've seen is just way too expensive. Even computer swap meets where everything is always way cheaper than anywhere else, the laptops are always way too expensive.

$700 for a laptop with a 10gb hdd, p3 700, 256mb ram, 13" lcd screen isn't bad tho...

Save up some more and just buy a new lower end, brand notebook. With a second hand one, you'll most likely have to replace the battery which puts you back another $100.
I paid $800 for a Toshiba P4 with all the usual bells and whistles. Batterly life is close to three and a half hours so I'm very pleased :)

i got mine stolen a few months ago
look around, maybe you'll find it for sale somewhere...

thanks to all hope have helped. gives me some more places to compare prices and stuff like that. I'm not really worried about getting a laptop with a good battery so long as its mobile (very hard trying to move a desktop around). even the low-end laptops nower days are still about 1500, far more than i have and probably will ever save. and even they aren't all that good.
Wojtek, if i see it will give ya a buzz. :)
[edit] tandoc where about did you see the $700 deal? was that on a site or ebay?

Last edited:
Back