• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where to advertise??...

The best imo is to use multiple techniques.

- google and word of mouth are always worth a shot
- If you already have affiliates, it wouldn't hurt to try a banner exchange program even if it's a free one.
- submit your site to lots of databases
- Perhaps search around and look for a good site you could purchase advertising on that will give you good placement and a good price.
- Coders / graphic designers can always donate time / work for advertising in order to help build a portfolio

I took a look at your website, it's very nice. If you don't want to try google, definitly shop around for a good banner ad placement somewhere. You could even advertise on your own site that you are looking to advertise, that way people who own websites could come to you and save you a lot of time etc..

Just my .02

What ever you do, don't spend you money on places for advertising just because they are cheap. These are likely the places where you will get the worst traffic ever. There are many poor sites in Adengage and Adbrite that sends poor traffic your way. There are also other things like 3rd tier ppc search engines where they have affiliates that fraud them meaning that you lose out on your advertising dollar.

First you need to set a strategy and targetiting after your budget.

The best I've found is Adwords, but don't get in such programmes when you cannot afford $100's going for .......

Not much potential initially, but once you've been around for a while, they give you what you need.

Here is a check list you may find useful.

Free methods:
Submission to SE's and directories
Article marketing
Email campaign
Forums, blogs and board postings to targetted audience
Social Bookmarking
Etc. etc.

Premium ways: (Should require a budget)
Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Targetted Link backs
Professional SEO services
Ad spaces
Offline campaigns
Etc. etc.

Random and unique traffic is good to any site but getting targetted traffic is what makes the difference. This kind of traffic yields the highest conversion which would determine your site's success.

Given a budget, I would always opt for PPC. PPC is a very effective way of getting targetted traffic given the proper treatment. Identify your niche and select the market you want to cater to and start from there. Research also on the keywords your desired market would most likely be looking for. IMO, one should be more focused on getting targetted traffic than just page views. Buying targetted link backs are also effective at getting targetted traffic. It really all boils down to what your site offers to your traffic ;)

Another great way of targetting your desired audience is through forum posting on similar niche with your link on your signature. What I like about forum posting is that it is totally free.

Hope that helps ;)

Back