• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Where have all the free webhosts gone?

Started with Paid hosting in 2000, made the switch to free hosting in 2002. So thats 4 years now I've been in the free hosting realm - no paid hosting.

James, it's quite true, hosts come and go, they oversell, they go to school and come back to home try help people, they have no time, they don't know what it takes to get things done!

Well GuruHost has been running stable now for 10 months as free hosting. Sold over the paid customers so now only a free host.

TrigHost.com has been up since April 2006. So 3 months.

Trighost.com <- Died :confused4

( www.ahost.ro ) Is In "Free Hosting " services From 2005 (We Was With Other name ;D in the "free hosting" services ) . We Have Started ahost.ro at 01-01-06 with a hire Domain. (So is complicated to say the date when you have Started... I use To say ( official) started on: 10-04-2006 .

Best Regards :) !

ahost.ro <- Died :confused4

Fine Spot Network is turning one year this coming March 2007. And we are on the process of running our very own built servers. :beer:

I can just hear the VanHalen tune .."where have all the free hosts gone?"
Where's Weird Al when you need him? lol

I can just hear the VanHalen tune .."where have all the free hosts gone?"
Where's Weird Al when you need him? lol
lol.....
KwiX Host.com open since erm.....Late November 06, proudly serving the community!

Damn I hope this post doesn't jynx us :p

lol.....
KwiX Host.com open since erm.....Late November 06, proudly serving the community!

Damn I hope this post doesn't jynx us :p
I am sure it won't.:p Keep up the good work. :)

I am sure most of them went down due to... fundings. :p

I have seen a lot of hosts come and go.. I think almost 90% of the one's I have seen since I became a member here (2+ years) just vanished... Mainly because of their: "overselling, instant activation and inexperience" so may this serve as a guide and warning to host applicants :)

Meanwhile, I will just stay on my sit here, relax and keep watching ;)

Zac

Last edited:
roughly five years now and counting. however, we are a selective free host (no instant activation garbage) so we have good and solid clients.

I sometimes offer free webhosting, (only to the people who deserve it) and the people with reasonable requests.

I have been a free host for around 6 hours; but another one i work for, x10Hosting, has been around for over 2 years, now with 2 free servers and one paid

Back