• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

..where can I find EXACTLY THIS?!

Ok - this is the host I need - I am looking for price quotes! ...or any hints you can give me!

· unlimited data-transfer/bandwidth
· LOTS of webspace (needs to be expandable, too)
unlimited would be best, but I doubt that'll be poss.
· Allaire Cold Fusion 4.5
· Unlimited MS-Access databases
· my own IP
· reliable connection
· 24h FTP access
· CGI-BIN (would be nice - not essential)

what I don't need:
· a domain
· email accounts
· front page
· ASP
· PHP
· RealAudio/Video
· etc...

Any suggestions? Quotes? Lemme know!

Here's one hint: stay away from anyone who says they offer unlimited bandwidth. Bandwidth is the single most costly factor in hosting, although you are closing in on that since you'll need NT hosting, which is also more expensive than *nix-based hosting. Unfortunately, given the latest rounds of issues with some NT-based hosts, I'm not aware of any that meet the required elements of your post.

...hum - do I really NEED an NT host? There is a Cold Fusion 4.5 for Linux, you know..! ;)

Check http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/1234/1/ to see the review... I know what you mean about the bandwidth - they say unlimited and then when they realize how much you are costing them then they start tightening the tap... But the Problem is that I have no frame of reference to know how much bandwidth I will need.. which means I can't calculate the costs, if I don't have a fixed monthly price! :(

Well, no one can really judge how much trnasfer they'll need. If your site is successful, then you'll need more than you thought you did. Best to go with a plan that meets your immediate needs and allows for growth.

If you want unlimited Access databases and native ODBC support for them, yes, you will need NT hosting. Most linux hosts I know don't have support for CF, since the costs associated with the licensing far outweigh the actual use of it by clients.

As far as judging bandwidth goes, it would be helpful to have some rule of thumb, for sure. If this is an existing site, you can use that as a starter. If it isn't, you are better off starting out conservatively, since there is no sense paying extra for what you don't need/don't use. If you do this, make sure you select a host that has an easy upgrade path so that you aren't sitting around waiting for something to happen while your site is growing beneath you.

Back