• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

When are the Western countries going to pay?

conkermaniac

VIP
NLC
Well, first off, the Europeans and Americans did unforgivable damage to the Oceanic islands throughout the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries. They stripped the land bare of its natural resources, and the US even dropped atomic bombs on an island and is refusing to repay the necessary $200,000,000 (handed down by a court decision) to the original settlers for funding in order to clean up radiation, figure out ways to restore vegetation, and the horrible conditions the original villages were forced to face. The Europeans and Australians, meanwhile, stole all the phosphate and other minerals away from the land, and the people must rely on exporting diminishing deposits (if there are any left at all). I would expect that they should pay more than the couple million that they have already paid. Not to mention that the third-world countries are causing more and more pollution.

And the United States really needs to apologize and recompensate for the atrocities commited in Vietnam and Korea, as well as their interference in the politics of other countries. Since World War II, I suppose that no country as ever been more anti-Democratic than the United States, not even the USSR. The CIA assassinated Zaire's leader to put up Mobutu, who was one of the most ruthless dictators ever (never holding an election, becoming one of the richest men in the world while his country suffered greatly, with their GDP per capita dropped 2/3 during his regime). Not to mention their interfering in essentially all the Central American and Carribean countries, citing "democracy" and humanitarian aid as their reason when really they were really doing nothing but helping out multinationals. In addition, they wiped out a supposedly "Communist" prime minister in Iran (Mussadegh), though he came to power no differently than any PM in England would come to power. They also were involved in over 30 attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro, as well as in notorious plans to destabilize the governments in Chile (and eventually assassinating their leader). When is the US going to realize its mistakes and apologize? I'm guessing never.

Your guess sounds correct.

Or, perhaps it might happen one day if some Western countries manage to elect people that actually care about things other than money and their own stupid prejudices.

Of course, given the way people seem to come into power in western countries; I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Meanwhile, the injustices go on...

Originally posted by Toefur

Or, perhaps it might happen one day if some Western countries manage to elect people that actually care about things other than money and their own stupid prejudices.

Exactly! Now if only I was president... ;)

Originally posted by deff36
you must be communist

So if I say the US is not democratic, that makes me Communist? :rolleyes:

Most American historians would agree with what I had just said there because it is the TRUTH. You can't argue against truth. The fact is, the US honors white supremacists, like Woodrow Wilson, while secretly overthrowing democratic governments in other countries because those governments are not in the best interests of the American multinational companies located there. Citing humanitarian aid and political reform as their main goals, it really is all about GREED.

Last edited:
Alright, you say we should repay. Then why not have Russia, Mexico, etc.... Pay us back all the money we have loaned to them. This would be trillions of dollars. We have given money to everyone. Don't complain we don't give money.

Did I miss something? Since when has capitalism been about helping people? Strong western nations get away with whatever injustices they do, because they have the money, they have the power. The world will never be a great place for everyone.

Face it, people are greedy. It's human nature. Deal with it. Move on.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
When is the US going to realize its mistakes and apologize? I'm guessing never.
On behalf of the United States of America and all other "Western Countries", I offer my deepest apologies for any harm that our ancestors may or may not have done to your ancestors. Happy now?

What country are you from? You claim to be from anti-democratic, anti-human rights, environmentally challenged, imperialistic China. :D

Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

Originally posted by dvondrake

On behalf of the United States of America and all other "Western Countries", I offer my deepest apologies for any harm that our ancestors may or may not have done to your ancestors. Happy now?

What country are you from? You claim to be from anti-democratic, anti-human rights, environmentally challenged, imperialistic China. :D

"Apology" usually means billions of dollars in payment. I'm from the US, but I live in China at the moment. As for the anti-human-rights issue, maybe I should tell you about the horrors in American nursing homes, where they don't feed the old people because it's too much of a hassle. And what about the US taping telephone wires to the genitals of civilians in Vietnam? Now THAT'S what I call a human rights abuse. :rolleyes:

Alright, you say we should repay. Then why not have Russia, Mexico, etc.... Pay us back all the money we have loaned to them. This would be trillions of dollars. We have given money to everyone. Don't complain we don't give money.

The net flow of nearly every single third world country flows towards the United States, not away from it.

Re: Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

The net flow of nearly every single third world country flows towards the United States, not away from it.
Not true, the USA has been running a balance of payments deficit since the 1950's and its getting worse (imports exceed exports). The biggest trade deficits are with China, Western Europe and Japan. It also has trade deficits with most Asian and African countries. I think that Australia is one of the few exceptions. Go figure.

Re: Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

And what about the US taping telephone wires to the genitals of civilians in Vietnam? Now THAT'S what I call a human rights abuse.

And what about our POW's there? They were treated far more cruel than prisoners we took. They would strap a man down and dow things such as hammer rusted nails under the fingernails, drill though the man's knees, etc, etc.

How about the worst atrocities of all time? Hitler and Germany. They didnt simply kill either. They tortured for fun. They would take a pregnant woman about to give birth, and strap her legs together and watch her die. Or how about the tall pointed and oiled poles they would sit prisoners on and spectate as the person could no longer hold themselves as they slid down the pole and it finally kill them as the pole come out their mouths.

What about the Spanish Inquisition?
What about what the Brits and French, as well as Spanish did to American Indians?
There's a lot more and you know it. By your reasoning, everyone would be paying everyone.

I am not responsible for what my ancestors did to another person's ancestors. Grow up and get over it. Get a job and quit expecting me to give you money for something which I was not responsible for.

Re: Re: Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

Originally posted by Webdude
I am not responsible for what my ancestors did to another person's ancestors. Grow up and get over it. Get a job and quit expecting me to give you money for something which I was not responsible for.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I assume you have no job because would YOU want to pay your hard-earned dollars for something that you had no part in, your family (probably) had no part in, and had no influence on your life whatsoever?

Reminds me of a few months ago, a group of black people were going to sue some company for using slave labour back in 1800-1850. WTF? Obviously they had nothing to do with it. Why should people lose their jobs and money and pay someone who wasn't even alive then?

Retards always wanting to make a quick buck. That's one thing about America I hate: Everyone sues for stupidest crap.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

Originally posted by syd
That's one thing about America I hate: Everyone sues for stupidest crap.
We even have several TV shows dedicated to it. Judge Judy, Judge Mills Lane, Judge Joe Brown, Texas Justice, The People's Court... ETC

Make it stop.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

Originally posted by bigperm
We even have several TV shows dedicated to it. Judge Judy, Judge Mills Lane, Judge Joe Brown, Texas Justice, The People's Court... ETC

Make it stop.

I watched Texas Justice today :cry2:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

Originally posted by syd
That's one thing about America I hate: Everyone sues for stupidest crap.
It isn't only in America, it happens over here all the time, our public liability insurance premiums have gone through the roof, local carnivals and shows have been cancelled, because they can't afford the insurance costs.

Like a while ago, a person sued his local council, because he dived into the ocean, at low tide, and broke his neck. He won, as the court found the council responsible, as they did not have signs warning of the danger that diving at low tide can cause. And they guy that dived was 22 YEARS OLD, like seriously, even a 12 year old knows the dangers of diving at low tide.

But i have heard the people suing McDonalds and other fast food chains, because they made them fat. That has got to be one of the stupidest things i have ever heard.

Anyways i have to go and sue Cadbury because they didn't warn me that chocolate can harm my teath. While i'm gone I might sue Coca-Cola as well, for the same reasons. Anyone wanna join in, we could make a Class Action :rolleyes:.

Stupid People, do stupid things, and they like to shift the blame to anyone other than themselves, especially if they can make some money out of it.

How' bout that one guy who sued a family after he attempted to break into their home but tripped on the couch and broke his leg?

Anyway, back to the point. I'm not so sure why all of a sudden you feel the USA needs to pay reparations for all the testing done in the Bikini atoll, etc, etc, , and why they need to pay it now...I think Webdude hit the nail on the head. Why should everyone be held accountable for something they weren't a part of? Dubya didn't order all that nuclear testing, he didn't drop the bombs over Japan, was not at all responsible for the Cuban Missile Crisis, etc, etc...but you want him to pay for it?

This reminds me of the Chris Rock Show episode where he went around asking white people to pay for slave reparations. Some people gave him a dollar. Thank you stupid white people, you made all the difference.

Re: Re: Re: Re: When are the Western countries going to pay?

Originally posted by Webdude

And what about our POW's there? They were treated far more cruel than prisoners we took. They would strap a man down and dow things such as hammer rusted nails under the fingernails, drill though the man's knees, etc, etc.

That's true, but you hear that documented so much more often than the civil rights abuses that America themselves committed. Anyway, according to one famous top officer, some of the the top US military officials that supported these atrocities actually ended up being highly decorated. It's the truth that's never discovered.

And you can't forget...the Vietnamese commited atrocities against POW's. Meanwhile, the US was committing atrocities against the common innocent everyday citizen. There is a huge difference.

The human abuses in Vietnam was not my original topic, nor do I intend it to be. So let's get off this subject.

How about the worst atrocities of all time? Hitler and Germany. They didnt simply kill either. They tortured for fun. They would take a pregnant woman about to give birth, and strap her legs together and watch her die. Or how about the tall pointed and oiled poles they would sit prisoners on and spectate as the person could no longer hold themselves as they slid down the pole and it finally kill them as the pole come out their mouths.

I know Hitler and the Nazis committed far worse human rights abuses. I never said that they didn't. And I was talking about post World War II and pre-Nixon times anyway, so this wouldn't apply at all.

Well, considering the people of Bikini still can't get back to their original homes, the US still needs to pay its $250 million dollars for clearing out the radiation in the area, as well as for all the suffering (after being out of their land for more than half a century) in addition to investigation into how vegetation can be redeveloped. And what about the phosphate deposits? None of the examples I gave required YOU to pay money directly to other people. It required the government to pay money to the governments of other countries. None of the examples I gave were too long ago, and the governments need to pay money to make up for its wrongdoings in the past. The government is always directly responsible for its own actions in the past. If we allow this issue to continue longer and longer, the worse the situation will get.

And don't even try to tell me that if your grandfather got wealthy by stealing phosphate from Nauru, it wouldn't affect your life in any way.

Back