• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what's wronng with jumpworld.net?

username

I searched for PHP and MySQL hosts, and jumpworld was one of them, I tried to visit their site, but with no avail.
Are they for real? I mean, have they started hosting?
Does anyone use them?

Yeah, they are dead... Leave an email to Peo and he wil probably delete it off the database...

what a shame.....

Jumpworld.net had one of the greatest service for a free hosting site. They were updating their servers and they let new users sign up again about 1 week ago. Then they just drop dead.

jumpworld comes and goes. It'll work fine for a few weeks, and then die for another week and come back, so I don't know that its neccesarily dead

Well...then its just as good as dead...

Any FWP that comes on and off is not worth even looking at... sorry to sound harsh, but that is really crappy service :(

Although i have slammed them in the past and given them a six month deadline freedom2surf proved me wrong. Although they are still having one or two teething problems with the software they are slowly becoming as good as they were at the start.

So i would strongly recommend http://www.f2s.com

Re: gcites.com

Originally posted by Gcites
Try gcites.com =)

but you aren't y2k compliant? just look at the year on your main page... 21900.. must be some sort of cheap fix..

[Edited by stu on 11-06-2000 at 08:29 AM]

LOL thats a javascript error! lol!
not spamming just providing the man with a good webhost ;P
I dont need to spam as i have much more members then you can dream of =(

Hmm...didn't you say you had only 50. I can certainly dream of higher numbers than 50...

Most sites like yours have member bases in the 10's of thousands...

Ok, since you are forcing me to do math to defend my argument...

50 X 5000 hits = 250,000

80,000 X 500 hits (a modest estimate) = 40,000,000

40,000,000 / 250,000 = 160 times more hits

To any site, 50 is not a big number... Im not saying Gcites is evil or anything by this...hehe...just trying to defend the 'SPAM' argument...

LOL you dont get it do you :p why would i spam?? i dont make any profit out of it as you see i dont put ads on members pages. I do it for fun + i have a part time job.

Back